1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leinart signs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 14, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So says ProFootballTalk.com as of 20 minutes ago:

A league source tells us that Cardinals first-round pick Matt Leinart has agreed to terms.

Per the source, the deal includes $14 million in guaranteed money on a six-year deal worth more than $50 million.

Earlier in the day, Cards coach Dennis Green lashed out at Leinart for not accepting the deal, which Green says contains $14 million in guarantees.  Though the final agreement is indeed worth $14 million guaranteed, the hang up was the payments in the out years.  We don't yet have the specifics, but we're hearing that the final year of Leinart's deal contains some big numbers based on reasonable play-time thresholds.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And it must be official. "Worldwide leader" ESPN.com posts the story about 40 minutes later, or so Chris Mortensen has learned!

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm still waiting for the obligatory Paris Hilton/sex tape reference.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Just saw the Dennis Green press confrence and I had to stand up and clap for him. Has anybody else seen this?

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Denny's a man.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think we can all agree on this one.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That is so fucking funny.

Keep it up.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thanks. I will.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Okay I got a question for the rest of you who thinks Matt is going to start this season in any if not all games.

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

well it's almost a certainty that Warner will get hurt, so as long as he can win the back-up spot you have to figure there's pretty good odds on him getting at least a start or two.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Did you see Dennis Green in that press confrence?! He's not going to be starting any games for a while.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Warner couldn't outrun my desk. He'll get hurt and Leinart will be starting by the end of September.

Draft saved Draft deleted