1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legs Shmegs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 6, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or under Sports & News ... And since this kid has made news several times, I am not sure if there has ever been a thread about him. So sorry if this is a DB...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6216

I can't believe the kid is playing college ball. He has no legs. He's as strong as an ox and propels himself around the field with his arms. It's actually kind of freaky looking, but amazing. He moves really well and is a good tackler, because he has such a low center of gravity. He made news last year when a dumbass H.S. referees wouldn't let him play in a game. The ref said he was looking out for his safety, and used a rule saying that all players have to wear shoes and knee and thigh pads to keep him out of the game. The kid had to get a special ruling from the Ohio H.S. Athletic Association saying he could play.

[​IMG]

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm going to hell already, so I might as well tell the story.

Coworker of mine prints out a photo of that kid on the field next to the Browns, sets it next to me, and says 'Dorf on football.'

I laughed for 5 straight minutes.

I'm sorry.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

IIRC, there was a thread when Reilly devoted his back-page column to him. But it's a great story, so who cares?

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Remember RealSports doing a great feature on a guy like him, except the guy was a wrestler. Weirdest part: How to delicately mention the fact that the guy not having legs was, at least arguably, an ADVANTAGE.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Interesting that we're running the story with the photo IJAG laughed at ... then Ragu starts the thread with this photo.

You know, this IS how trends start ...

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Is there video of this?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm sure he's on YouTube. It really is amazing to watch.

8. The Big Ragu

A coworker at the time and I were rolling on the floor laughing our asses off for several minutes when we saw a picture of the kid last year and heard that he wasn't allowed to play in a game because he wasn't wearing shoes. It may have been the most preposterous thing I had ever heard. Then when we investigated, we found out that the kid came out at halftime with a pair of shoes tied to his belt and told the ref he was ready to play.

I swear that story made me laugh really hard three or four different times. That dorf thing is sick, but funny as hell.

9. The Big Ragu

Yeah. I saw video of him from high school. It's really freaky when you see him in the huddle, at eye-level with everyone's knees and the other players looking down at him. But he was pretty good. Was scooting around and making tackles.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Plus, he has four fewer joints to worry about blowing out.

12. The Big Ragu

Dude, if you were a decent human being you'd donate that infamous third leg of your's to the kid... Word on the street is you don't know how to use it, anyhow.

Draft saved Draft deleted