1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LEFTY'S A FRAUD!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Jun 18, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The official Phil-Mickelson-choked-with-a-double-on-the-72nd-hole thread. Commence bashing. ;D

And someone hold the door for J. Miller, analyst extraordinaire. He'll be here soon. First drink's on me, sir.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

I freaking hate Johnny Miller

He's a deuschbag for an announcer, and if he would hit half the shots these guys are hitting, he wouldn't be talking half the shit.

What, he's won one major, while the guy he is destroying has won 3 majors in 3 years, and he's blasting him like that?

Pisshaw.

3. Love him or hate him, and I like him a great deal, Johnny Miller was right on the money today. Nice shot selection, Lefty.
    And who's that drinking alone in the corner? Why it's Colin Montgomerie, the second biggest gag artist of the day.

4. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I think Miller is great. He calls it like he sees it, and he's honest about how his career tanked.

And the old go-for-everything Phil showed up there at the end. That's not the Phil that won those majors.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

3 majors in 3 years doesn't exactly turn Phil back to what he was, but you have to ask, "what the fuck were you thinking on 18 at Winged Foot?"  

Johnny will have a spilt camp among us.  I think he's arrogant on the telecast, but the sumbitch can call it correctly when he needs to say something.  Which makes me respect him a little bit more each time out.  He's the Fudge Packer of the golf course.  

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Actually, Miller won a U.S. and a British.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Miller has won two majors --- 1973 U.S. Open; 1976 British Open. Say what you want about his announcing, but he was a helluva player.

8. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Yeah, it's not like Lefty is a John Van de Velde type guy who'd never been there before. He deserved to get blasted

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But don't question Miller's credentials as a player.

10. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Mickelson: "I still can't believe I did that. I'm such an idiot."
    Quote matches DeVicenzo's "What a stupid I am" for that.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One more point in Miller's defense. When Mickelson was puilling par out of his ass on 17, Miller was every bit as disappoving of his decision to keep using the driver, even though it looked like Phil had it cinched. His criticisms on 18 were no second guess.

12. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

Anybody know what Geoff Ogilvy or 'Field' went off at in Vegas this week?

Draft saved Draft deleted