1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leftover Pizza Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Simple: How long is too long?

We ordered pizza Monday night at 9 PM. It's now Sunday night at 12:40 AM (technically Monday morning).

The pizza's been in the fridge the whole time.

Should I eat it? Would you?

Please advise. I'm starving.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

It's been in the fridge? You're golden.

Hell, I've eaten two-day-old pizza that hasn't been refridgerated. College was awesome.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I have pizza that has been in the fridge since Tuesday and I fully plan on eating it for lunch tomorrow. If you're sick tomorrow, let me know. ;)

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Leftover pizza? What's that?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Damn, week old pizza? Ah, hell. Eat it.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's pizza, you can't go wrong.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

When I saw the thread title, my first though was: Is the question leftover, or the pizza?

My approach in such a situation is to heat the hell out of it. Then (in my head, at least) the bad stuff is gone.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

All I've got to eat in my house is slices of ham, Spaghettio's and a drawer full of condiments. If there were two-week-old pizza in there, I'd make like it was Thanksgiving.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That's my strategy, too. If you heat it up in the oven, it kills whatever could harm you. Theoretically. :D

Seriously, Pete, heat it and eat it.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Not to stray from the topic at hand, but I've had birthday cake in the fridge since early February. Seriously.

Dare me to cut a slice?

11. 2 days is my limit, and that's because I hate leftover pizza from the fridge.

What kind of meat, if any is on there, Pete? Just cheese?

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I do bad with expiration dates. I'll reach in the fridge, pull something out, and realize it's two months past expiration. It's even worse with prescriptions (because who really pays attention to the USE BY date on those anyway? If you're already feeling crappy, it can't get much worse, right?)

Draft saved Draft deleted