1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lee Iacocca rips W

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by finishthehat, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If only the AlGore model had gotten better gas mileage.

2. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

I wouldn't outlaw Faux News. I would love for them to cop to what they are: a Infotainment channel that is the official mouthpiece of the Neoconservative movement.

I can't help where you choose to get your news from. As for me, I prefer to find a variety of outlets and make my own decisions rather than listen to a bunch of chickenhawk lackies who wait eagerly for the GOP talking points of the day to hit the fax.

For all you Bush supporters: I dare you to name three things he has done to improve this country. Not for the upper one percent, but other than his speech on 9/20/01, his positive contributions to this cause has been nil.

In the words of Comic Book Man, Worst. President. Ever.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, most would just move it to the Comedy Network.

Funny how you keep backing the wrong horses, Lyman. You haven't learned anything in the last five years .

4. And the idiot Canuck chimes in ...

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Why shouldn't the Canadian chime in? It's been sufficiently demonstrated that the American President can fuck up not just the United States, but countries all over the globe. And oh, are you going to respond to his point? Seems valid to me.

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

All news outlets have biases. They are money-making ventures.
    Anyone who thinks CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Fox, whatever is more truthful than another outlet is simply deluded or deranged.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Jeezus H. Christ, folks. Why all the labels? Fox, CNN, NYTimes, the three networks, the Washington Post the ENTIRE FREAKING NEWS MEDIA has dreadfully let this country down over the past 7 years. Maybe it was the bizarre nature of the Hanging Chad Election (with its early calls on who won), maybe it was 9/11 and the following panic. Whatever, the media has been satisfied with being spoon fed by politicians _ ON BOTH SIDES. You don't have to be liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat, to have some EFFING common sense, ask the right questions, be skeptical of the press releases you've been handed. It wasn't until the wind started blowing in a different direction following last November's elections that some _ SOME _ media outlets grew a pair and started criticizing Bush and his string pullers.
    Why didn't one of the moderators, one of the media guys, ask during the 2004 Presidential debate: President Bush, how much is the Iraq war costing on a daily basis? Simple question, not particularly slanted lib/con but a fair question for any parent who has a teenager about to inherit our exploding national debt.
    Just a sports guy, but embarrassed to be associated with the word "journalist."

8. Gee, someone else points out that the Constitution matters.
    I take back all the things I said about the lemon of a Chrysler I once owned.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, I was alive in 1976-80 and I know of one – at least one _ that was worse.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but if you think the Carter administration was worse than the Bush2 administration you're just not thinking.

Either that, or you think it's perfectly acceptable to ignore Constitutional law when said law conflicts with purely political goals.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Iacocca = I am chairman of Chrysler Corporation (of) America?

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Wow . . . Iacocca really went out on a limb there.

Criticizing the president? Takes real guts these days. It's not like it's become the biggest bandwagon in the entire world or anything . . . . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted