1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lee Iacocca rips W

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by finishthehat, Apr 11, 2007.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I've long sworn off the political threads, but this is pretty interesting -- Iacocca really, REALLY reams W. (Be sure to read the further excerpts in the comment thread.)

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/10476.html

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Swear to God, I thought Iacocca was dead.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hell, you could be dead and still realize what an abomination this administration is.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If the ride is fly, you must buy.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Obviously you missed his commercials with Snoop Dogg (Football_Bat was thinking along the same lines)

[​IMG]

6. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

The one point that sticks out to me is how Iacocca is dead-on on how the media has given Bush a free pass. Not until the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina did the media begin to finally grow a pair and start asking the hard questions it should have been asking in the fall and winter of 2002-03.

There is no such thing as liberal media. While not everyone has whored themselves out in the manner of Faux News, the other networks and other media outlets should be accused of picking up the pom-poms and cheering Bush in the lead-up to the war. Ratings may have been the deciding factor in why they did, but there is no question objective journalism took a head shot in the wake of 9/11. Few were willing to stand up; in fact, most went monkey see, monkey do and mimicked their programming in the style of Faux. This is why we have assclowns like Nancy Grace and Glenn Beck on CNN and Chris Matthews all but fawning over most of what the GOP does, let alone reviving what is left of Dennis Miller's pathetic career. It's why we get Ann Coulter (and the Coulter in waiting, Rachael Mardsen) and an unbalanced tilt of right/left opinions on the Sunday talkies.

If the media had done its job -- rather than blindly following Faux's lead -- I think the course of what has happened over the last four years may have changed drastically. It's just my reasoning....

7. Now, talk about crap ...

Why do I have this feeling most of you would outlaw Fox News if you had the chance?

CNN ain't exactly agenda-free, either. At least Fox cops to it.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The "Fair and Balanced" station -- home of the "No-Spin Zone" and all -- cops to it? Really?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

isn't he dating BEa Arthur?

10. jboy

jboy Guest

I remember the Washington Post ran editorial after editorial supporting Bush and war in Iraq, saying after Powell's UN presentation that there's no way anyone can deny there are WMDs.

They later ran an editorial apologizing for their actions. At least they apologized.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

if you can find a better-built president, vote for him...

12. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

That's the first thing I thought. Man, I could have sworn I read his obit a couple of years ago. Guess not.

Draft saved Draft deleted