1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LeBron posterized, Ministry of Truth confiscates evidence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

This is fairly amusing. Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunked on LeBron during a game at the LeBron James Skills Academy (crab dribble is taught on Day 2). There were people taping it, but it's probably never going to show up on youtube or anywhere else, as Nike, doing its best Khmer Rouge impersonation of erasing history, confiscated the tapes.

Nike's currently working to collect all tapes of the Eastern Conference Finals, except for the final second of Game 2.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/15942689

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Maybe it's like the Simpsons "Powersauce Bar" episode.

Nike should have just claimed LeBron switched to Adidas, and that's why he got dunked on by some schlub.

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

jeff goodman (writer for fox sports) was interviewed on the Tony Bruno Show last night. he said lebron had nothing to do with it (the swiping of the tape). he said that after the event.....he had lebron scheduled for an interview about the coming season (lebron was cool with it)....the same dude that took the tape also wouldnt let lebron do the interview. according to him....lebron didnt seem to have a problem with any of it. 7/7/09....Hour 1....about half way through. you decide....

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would have told the Nike guy that the only way he was getting my tape was if he kept getting in my face and I decided to jam the whole camera up his ass.

5. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Yea,this is pretty childish on LBJ's part. He could dunk on 100 percent of the population, I don't know why he'd be so defensive about it.

6. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

I really doubt LBJ would be that childish about something like this. I could see Nike doing this, though. But, whatever the case, it is pretty amusing, especially for those who already feel the NBA babies LeBron to no end.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

The tape is not Nike's property. Nike grants (granted) the freelancer access. I wish the freelancer would have said, "OK, thanks, I'm outta here but get yourself a court order if you want the tape."

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

What? Lebron a sore sport? No way!

::)

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

On his way to Zeke-calibre bitchiness, at this rate . . .

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If he was "defensive " the dunk would have never happened.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

The whole thing is pretty damn funny, especially the reaction of the high school kids.
    Michael Gilchrist said "It happened, and it was bad."
    And Marquis Teague said Crawford "came through the lane and just spooked it."

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm not sure who I'm thinking less of, Lebron, Nike or the photog. I'm thinking photog, unless Nike threatened to introduce him to Moose and Rocco.

Draft saved Draft deleted