1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lebron ad nauseam, squared

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clutchcargo, Jul 7, 2010.

1. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Just like the started doing with hockey once they quit showing NHL games.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I couldn't help but laugh at my wife, who knows almost nothing about sports, tonight.
    There was an emergency down the street -- firetrucks, police cars, the whole bit -- so I went outside right after the announcement to see what was going on. She was in the kitchen and listened to about 30 minutes of the ESPN show. By the time I got back she was sick of LeBron and everything about this.
    Sports fans have been dealing with this for the better part of two years. It took her less than half an hour.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

This is time sensitive, and might not be true when you read it in 30 minutes, but right now, at 12:06 a.m., the lead story on cleveland.com (Plain Dealer) is a bedbug problem in some senior housing run by the metropolitan housing authority:

http://www.cleveland.com/plaindealer/

Even if you really want to give them a pat on the back for keeping perspective, this is strange. You actually have to look for LeBron news.

If I missed some gigantic sports treatment they did, I apologize. But even then ...

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I winced when James said he's going to Miami. Not for the poor denizens of Cleveland - they must be numb to it by now - but for the big wad of goo I got sprinkled with, and I'm guessing it came from Stephen A. Smith.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It felt like I was swimming in the Gulf. The whole thing was a disgrace.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

7. KP

KP Active Member

He does look like a 70s English professor.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

LeDouche show draws a 7.3 overnight rating -- a higher rating than for his final game with the Cavaliers.

Cleveland-Akron was the top market with a 26.0 rating. Miami-Fort Lauerdale ha a 12.8. 10.7 in Chicago, a 10.4 in New York and a 5.3 in Los Angeles.

9. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

That, in itself, is the worst news from this entire episode.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Can't blame Stephen A. for this one Dan.

11. jschreier18

jschreier18 New Member

ESPN claimed to have maintained its journalistic integrity despite holding this special. But why would it have sacrificed more than two primetime hours beforehand to showing highlights. I'm sure some baseball game or something had to have been more interesting than the near-pandering and clips most people who follow sports at all would've been bombarded with throughout the years.

Also, I'm surprised no one has tried lighting the Cuyahoga River on fire. That seems like a true Cleveland reaction, and it would be a much more visible protest than just burning No. 23 jerseys -- unless they used the burning jerseys to spark the blaze.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I do love today's Plain Dealer cover:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted