1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Least talked about manager's job (Pirates)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by typewriterhill, Oct 31, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I stand corrected, oop. Mea culpa.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, with Bud's heart in the same division...

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Show some support, man.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No problem. I'm sure the Pittsburgh fanboys start to blend together on occasion. :)

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Support for whom or what?

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The Pirates are a gold mine buried by a landfill. That town is starving for a successful baseball team. The second the Pirates become competitive again, that ballpark is filled, night-in, night-out.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

The second the Pirates become competitive again, it'll be time to build a new park.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

One of you mother fucking fanboys from the 'Burgh and SB XL is sitting on a small gold mine with a Pirates book. (I'm deadly serious, I would buy it.)

Yes, I'm talking to you, Jack, and you oz, and to you, outofplace.

Let it all out. In sheets.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wish I had the access. I don't even live there any more.

One thing that is unfortunate is the Pirates really don't have a beat guy on them who has the motivation and connections to do the story right.

Paul Meyer has the knowledge and connections, but I'm not sure he would want to do it. I don't think he's back on day-to-day, but he does a lot of the stuff that takes deeper reporting for the Post-Gazette.

The Trib's Joe Rutter probably could've gotten it done, but he gave up the beat a while ago.

10. There's plenty of storylines, drama, and innuendo to write a book about the McClatchy era but what publisher is going to greenlight a project with McClatchy as the main figure.

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Dejan from the PG has written plenty of good stories about the Pirates' ownership disaster. He had a series about it last season, I believe, and wrote a helluva good story on Tracy this season.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Least talked about manager's job (Pirates).

Do we often have threads about Triple-A openings?

Draft saved Draft deleted