1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Least likable Super Bowl champion of all time (crossthread thread)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Smush Parker is still trolling for attention, I see.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

One more reason: They gave birth to the coach's Gatorade shower. I may be in the minority, but I hate that coach-dousing shit now. It's totally overdone.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Also, I'm thinking the 2003 and/or 2004 Patriots are in the discussion. I don't count the 2001 Pats because they were the underdogs in the Super Bowl and I don't think a lot of people had worked up much hate on the franchise yet (except for Raider fans who were understandably pissed about the Tuck Rule game).

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Besides the 1985 Bears, who are the supremest dickheads of all, dickhead Super Bowl champs in my time are the '80 Raiders, '82 Redskins, '92-'93-'95 Cowboys, '97-'98 Broncos, '00 Ravens and '03-'04 Patriots.

I didn't want the Ravens to win tonight. But even though Ray Lewis is a HOF dickhead, the team itself doesn't fall into dickheadedness. I'm probably mellowing with age, but its been a while since there was a true hateable champion.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

1. The Steelers
    7. The Packers
    11. The Redskins
    14. The Ravens
    16. The Giants
    20. The Cowboys
    25. The Saints

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Liked the first Patriot championship team, hated the others.
    Hate all Cowboys champion teams except for the XII version, because the beat the even more hated Broncos.
    Oddly didn't hate the two Broncos champions, cause I liked Terrell Davis and even I thought Denver had suffered enough.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

1976 Raiders. Everyone knows the Steelers were the best team that year...

8. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Fucking gatorade shower. They actually did two in the Super Bowl. Harry Carson started it (during the season), but it was Jim Burt's idea.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

The fucking 2000 Ravens and 1995 Cowboys set the standard for asshole champions.

Something about the 1985 Bears I liked. Sure they were cocky assholes that called their shot in a music video...but then they went out and backed that shit up with a smile. Plus Walter Payton was on that team and he was good enough to offset every asshole there.

Fuck the Redskins too. It was nice to see the Raiders tear their overexposed asses up in 1983-84.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Somebody's gonna have to die -- electrocution? -- before that stupid tradition is finally stopped. I'd much prefer the players just blindside the coach with a tackle. There'd be entertainment value in that.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

1. 1972 Dolphins - Have another champagne toast when the last team loses next season and then please drive yourselves off a cliff... All that team does is whine about how not enough of them are in Canton and they don't get the respect they deserve...

2. 2000 Ravens - Unless you're from Baltimore, that's a team that was almost impossible to like... Even Shannon Sharpe (one of the greatest quotes of all-time) seemed to become a douche when he got there...

3. 1995 Cowboys - Switzer, Deion, Irvin... Enough said...

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I've got plenty of sour grapes for this year's Ravens because they beat the Niners. But I think it was the Ray Lewis look-at-me tour. I don't hate this year's Ravens because it was cool Flacco got one but I didnt want to see Ray Lewis get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted