1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Least-favorite announcer of college football games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Rydell, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

ahem ... slappy, I'm still "waiting" for a "decision"

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I can't think of too many broadcasters I HAVE to listen to. Usually when I watch a game, I mute it and do my own play-by-play.

One time when I watched a college football game, I noted the time (just under two minute in left the first half) and said "that's an eternity in college football." As soon as I finished that, the announcer (whoever he was) said pretty much the exact same thing. Gave my cousin a laugh.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Has that ever been confirmed?

Seen it as speculation here, that's it.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Ron Franklin might be my favorite. He's solid.

I don't spend a lot of thought on who my least-favorite announcer might be.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

It is accurate. I seem to remember someone from the B'ham News getting the confirmation on that.:)

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I stopped watching games with the sound on about five years ago. Nothing the announcers say matters that much. I do miss Keith Jackson, though.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Ron Franklin is my favorite.

Musberger annoys me more than anyone.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Does Lou Holtz still call games?

I seem to remember him from a game this year, but I have to assume I was mistaken because he hasn't been mentioned yet and this thread has no credibility if he actually does still call games and didn't get mentioned yet.

Hell, even if he doesn't he's still an embarrassment to the airwaves. When people lose the ability to talk, they lose the ability to host a fricken' television show. It's like if we lost the ability to type.

How long do you think you'd last if your Friday night gamer showed up like this:

Centrral lossssssed to Wessssst Fridayyyyy 21 to 2qafsjasdl;kfjasklkhfkkasjhfkjashddfljkjasdhf;lkasjdf;lkaksdjf;lkkjjjnnmflkajsfdk
    lkjsdflkkjsadflkjsdknklnsdalkcvnsldklknvc. ," ssssssaid the coach.

9. KP

KP Active Member

Worst - Pam Ward
    Best - Ron Franklin - get him back on that Saturday night prime time game

Can't believe the dislike for McDonough.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Whoa; Stop the presses....a Boston guy who loves McDonough.

That said, I have heard a lot worse than Sean....Pam Ward is horrifically bad.....and I would rather hear Verne Lundquist get a blowjob from Lesley Viscer than listen to Eric Collins and Bill Curry.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Dan Fouts on PBP...just sounds weird to me.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Something in McDonough's voice always gives me the impression there are other places he'd rather be. Mike Patrick just doesn't work on the SEC games. Give me back my Ron Franklin, though I'd settle for Brad Nessler or even Reece Davis (though he's too good as a studio host).

Draft saved Draft deleted