1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leadership 101

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 17, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Tony, please. Hyperbole on either side (conservatives and libs alike) isn't very effective.

When, pray tell, has a U.S. court ruled like what you're suggesting? Seriously. Put aside the debate over school prayer for a minute (or a day) and address the one about the court writing laws making it ok to kill people. Unless you're referring to abortion, in which case you're opening up another can of worms, including the death penalty.

Do you really, really, really want to go there? Do any of us?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Actually, anybody can say a prayer anytime and anywhere they want.

3. Unfortunately, Admiral, when it comes to privacy, some of "us" would very much like to go there and trash the right, which they view as illegitimate, and did so before Roe was handed down.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You're all kidding yourselves if you think that. But then I guess that's the way many of you want it, so you'll all just keep lying to yourselves. One thing I've learned over the years is that the truth and the liberal agenda are rarely in sync.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So, more for the hyperbole over actual substance, huh? If a person is liberal then they must have an agenda, and if they have an ageda the truth must not be in sync? How is that at all actually addressing the issue?

6. I just went out under the flagpole in front of my building and said the Prayer of St. Francis out loud.
    I am thus far unshackled.

Meanwhile, back at Gonzales's Justice Department, they're running career prosecutors out of their jobs.
    http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002348.php
    So the new US Attorney in Arkansas is a former oppo researcher in Karl Rove's shop. Lovely. It's time for oversight, kids.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Anyone can pray in school.

You just can't force everyone to pray in school.

8. You can't -- or ought not to be able to - force ANYONE to pray in schools.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I have two books at my bedside, Lieutenant: the Marine Corps Code of Conduct and the King James Bible. The only proper authorities I am aware of are my commanding officer, Fenian_Bastard, and the Lord our God.

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Someone's gotta try to incorporate Jessup's witness-stand monolouge into this thread.

SportsJournalists.com thong to the poster who gives it a shot . . .

11. You can't handle the truth! Son, we post on a message board with threads. And those threads have to be guarded by posters with facts. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Yawn? Zeke has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Gonzales and you curse the Democrats. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what Zeke knows: that Gonzales' quote, while moronic, probably wastes time. And Zeke's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves time.

You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want Zeke on this thread. You need Zeke on this thread.

Zeke uses words like ATM, dicksnort, douchenozzle. Zeke uses these words as the backbone to a life spent ridiculing something. You use 'em as a punchline. Zeke has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to a poster who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very posts he provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides them.

Zeke would rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, he suggests you pick up a newspaper and start to post. Either way, he doesn't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thanks Ellis. I love Washington.

Draft saved Draft deleted