1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LCS & World Series predictions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by joe, Oct 8, 2014.

?

Who wins the ALCS and NLCS?

1. ALCS

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Orioles

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Royals

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. NLCS

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Cardinals

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Giants

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There's no reason the Giants should even be in this series.

So I say SF in six.

For the AL I would say Royals, but that's probably because it would just be so great to see them there.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued by this, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm a massive Giants homer but I think their lack of offense is going to spoil Bochy's ride. Cards in 6.

After that, I think Armchair QB goes into a drunken stuper as the Red Birds fly to another World Series title.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

As any Giants fan on here can attest, the notion of them winning three titles in five years after so many near misses, choke jobs or just bad luck would seem insane.

Aside from the 49ers Super Bowl wins, the 1985 World Series win by the Royals may be my best sports memory as a youth. That LCS and that series were just all-timers for me.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The notion of the Giants possibly winning 3 in 5, let alone 1, is just whipped cream on the jello after suffering through the 60's-2010; well there were a few runs, but mostly Kingman (what a great guy, eh?), Darrell Evans, Brenly with the 4 errors in 1 inning, and watching the Dodgers and Reds, even the Padres win.

The most exciting LCS and WS collectively has to be 1986, Mets-Astros and Bosox-Angels were epic as of course was the WS.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

After Game 6 of the 2002 series, I was convinced the Giants would never win a series.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Still sad to think about the toll Hendo's homer had on Donnie Moore.

Here's that game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPwYfPwl7qs

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Watching the intro they recap the previous night, and like the Angels in Game 5, the Sox were a pitch away from winning Game 4 only to have Schiraldi hit Downing with the bases loaded to tie the game. Angels then won it in the 11th.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It's starting to feel like 2012 again. I hope my nerves can take it. Go Giants!

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Some baseball show here in Toronto showed highlights of the Jays - Royals LCS after the Royals KO'd the Angels. Changed the channel immediately, had no need to relive that absolutely crushing nightmare.

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

The Cardinals going deep in the playoffs:

The annual baseball tradition that gets everyone's anger focused off of WAR, LQ, and PEDs. For a month.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for San Francisco and Kansas City to get to the series because I'm annoyed by teams that have their own "way."

Draft saved Draft deleted