1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Layoffs come to LCNI via Elizabethtown, Ky.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Central-KY-Kid, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

You could take a lot of jobs in my area currently and they would be immediately more lucrative.
    Second shift line worker at McDonald's for example. Any warehouse role 25 miles up the interstate (which is what I did). And there's a certain department at Humana Health 45 miles away in Louisville with several former newspaper employees.

And being a type-I diabetic, I understand how much better benefits were once I was out of that newspaper company.

In hindsight, I am lucky I was given a get out of jail free card when I did. Had that happened like 6 years ago compared to three, I'd be making almost double what I was getting working 50-60 hours a week at the fishwrap.

I still freelance and love the extra spending money, but it would take one helluva offer to make me want to get back into daily grind.

I Should Coco and Slacker like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted