1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Layoffs at Yahoo Sports?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by nafselon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

You missed my point. It's not about swearing, and those aren't my morals. I never said Doc was right for what he said (though I think he should be free to say whatever the fuck he wants).

I simply found it amusing that while being Mr. sensitivity about one thing, you tell someone go fuck themselves because they have a differing opinion in a public forum. I just found that a little heavy handed.

Liut likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

"Mr. Sensitivity" is not a label I've ever been saddled with.

Sure Doc has the right to his opinion. Just like I have the right to tell him to go fuck himself. And you have the right to tell me to go fuck myself. And Doc has the right (and did) tell me to go fuck myself.

Heavy handed? Yep. I do get really pissed when others celebrate job losses in this (and most other) businesses. It's just a shitty thing to do.

We've all seen too many talented, great people lose their jobs. I'll never understand why that would make anyone happy.

3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I'll agree with you on that.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Another round?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Appears so.

I have no idea how Yahoo's news/sports division makes a dime, to be honest. And there are some seriously well-paid sportswriters there.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

If you're dropping Tim Brown, why even stay open?

bpoindexter and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Hooray4snail

Hooray4snail Active Member

No kidding. Mike Oz gone too.

Draft saved Draft deleted