1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawrence O'Donnell Trying to Get Fired?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Oh, and that document Taitz was holding up, was obtained illegally.

http://www.thefogbow.com/special-reports/social-security-number/

"Sometime in late 2010, Col. Hollister apparently pretended to be an employer of President Obama, in order to obtain his Social Security records. He claims he sent a Form 1099 to the president, and then used the Social Security Number Verification System (SSNVS) to obtain a record of the number that President Obama was known to have had since he was 15 years old (and which has been published all over the Internet, particularly by deranged lunatic Orly Taitz).

Hollister did manage to obtain a record from the SSNVS, shown below. It said that President Obama's original Social Security number was "never issued". However, what Col. Hollister did in obtaining that record -- falsely claiming that he was an employer and that President Obama was his employee -- is a crime. For a description of why this is a crime and a good explanation as to why President Obama's original Social Security number has probably been withdrawn and is now officially recorded as "never issued," read this blog entry at Obama Conspiracy Theories.

After viewing the SSNVS record below, continue reading about Col. Hollister impersonating President Obama in order to obtain a copy of his draft (Selective Service) card."

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"O’Donnell said. “NBC has a conflict with Mr. Trump. NBC has created a monster who is using his NBC fame to spew hatred"

Kind of ironic in that NBC created O'Donnell as well.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not going to read that whole thing because it goes on forever. And, until last night, i didn't even know there was a controversy about his SS#.

And, I have no doubt that his SS# is legitimate and all of that. And I'm sure that if his SS# begins with the numbers 042 -- which would normally have been issued to someone living in Connecticut -- it is/was some sort of clerical mistake.

But, man, for people who want to seize on crazy conspiracy theories, that's like a fucking golden nugget of information.

It's just funny that something like that could/would happen and then 30 years later turn into a (minor) scandal.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Nice to think people like Taitz finally got their comeuppance, but sad truth is she doesn't harbor a second of regret, and becoming a birther crusader is still likely the best thing that ever happened to her.

Before: she's just another anonymous unknown schmuck dentist. Now: she's famous, she's the adored darling of the wingnut right, she's wealthier, her attention whore thirsts were quenched beyond her dreams. Doesn't matter much to her that she was proven wrong, she learned how easy it is to get what you want by manipulating the American media, don't think for a second she and her ilk won't simply move on to a new Obama bogeyman to be equally embraced tomorrow.

Our society's kinda fucked up.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is this even true?

I can't see her having a lot of admirers. She's creepy and from what I saw last night, she is not a dynamic engaging person by any means.

Say what you want about Trump, but he has bravado, charisma, and sure, even bluster. But at least a percentage of people will be drawn to his personality & energy.

Taitz has none of that.

6. joe

joe Active Member

When I saw that woman's name, at first I thought it was Oily Taint.

Carry on.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I can't see her name without picturing this:

[​IMG]

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

According to some doubtless unimpeachable source I read on the Internet I forget where yesterday, media research has determined that for reasons I don't care to think about "Celebrity Apprentice" has the largest percentage of self-identified liberals of all reality television program audiences, so Trump is actually screwing himself here. Wouldn't be the first time.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/04/trumps-birther-antics-are-driving-away-his-liberal-audience/237965/

10. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Cops audience skews democrat? Never would have guessed that.

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Apparently have been living under a rock, had never heard of this Orly Taitz person.
    Ho-leeee sheeeet.
    I was thinking I had seen/heard all the crazy effing lies/conspriracy mongers.
    I used to fear for the future. Now I fear for the present.

12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Yeah ... she's certifiable. A grade-a loon.

Thankfully, she's not taken seriously anywhere except the moran right.

Draft saved Draft deleted