1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawrence O'Donnell Meltdown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

You are flat-out funny in your ignorance but I'll play because I need a break from doing my taxes. Please allow me to cut and paste from the PDB.

Two Al Qaeda members found guilty in the conspiracy to bomb our embassies in East Africa were U.S. citizens, and a senior EIJ member lived in California in the mid-1990s.

Now, presumably as they knew who the ones were who were "found guilty" they knew their names and could have interrogated them as to the names of some of these involved in the 9/11 conspiracy, along with the senior EIJ member living in California in the mid-1990s. Or if they didn't know for sure, someone could have started looking into it.

A clandestine source said in 1998 that a Bin Laden cell in New York was recruiting Muslim-American youth for attacks.

Again, did they look into that? How about no.

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a [deleted text] service in 1998 saying that Bin Laden wanted to hijack a U.S. aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Shaykh" 'Umar' Abd aI-Rahman and other U.S.-held extremists.

I'm going to say this mentions U.S. aircraft and hijackings so maybe a head's up call to the FAA might have been advised.

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns ofsuspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations forhijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance offederal buildings in New York.

Now, maybe this is just me but when they mention the dudes were conducting "recent surveillance" of office buildings in NYC -- and keep in mind, there were federal offices in the World Trade Center -- they might have considered that it possibly was a target and racheted up security?

2. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

YF:

You can defend George W. Bush and try to deflect blame until you're blue in the face. It's not going to change a thing. When all of us are gone and the apologists like you are no longer around to lie and fudge, history is not going to be kind to Mr. Bush and his bumbling re the PDB.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Why bring Clinton into the argument?

4. fishhack2009

Page 1 of the Righty Rulebook: When in doubt, point to Bill Clinton. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Ben is a lefty. ;D

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Obama makes Bush look better every day.

His best decisions have been the ones which validated, not condemned Bush's policies.

I believe History will judge Bush much better than you think.

[​IMG]

7. fishhack2009

Uh ... Nice try, YF. But unfortunately, Obama's finding out that Bush fucked things up even worse than we thought. It would be great if Obama could undo eight years of bumbling incompetence with a few pen strokes. But normal people know that's not possible.

As to your question...let's see...

[​IMG]

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Remind me again how 9/11 was the fault of the Clinton administration's intelligence policies, but Abdulmutallab was the fault of the Obama administration's intelligence policies.

I can only assume that any breakdowns between November 2004 and February 2005 would have been the fault of the Bush administration. The rest must surely be blamed on someone else.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And oh by the way, on matters of the economy, people still overwhelmingly blame Bush far more than they blame Obama for any current problems.

Bush: 31 percent
    Wall Street: 23 percent
    Congress: 13 percent
    Obama: 7 percent
    All of the above: 10 percent.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/12/poll-bush-still-blamed-for-economy/

10. fishhack2009

But you're obviously a righty, Tony. :D Thanks for playing, though. You're always good for a laugh. :)

11. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I'm still waiting for YF to respond to my post pointing out the things in that PDB which may have changed history on 9/11.

12. fishhack2009

Don't hold your breath, Magic. Some of us are still waiting for him to answer a question about the track record of civilian vs. military terror trials.

Draft saved Draft deleted