1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawnmowing videos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I love my electric mower.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I have to say, a lot of the mowers these days are so much quieter than in the past.

It still remains, however, the one chore I have never done myself. "Lawn service" will always be in my monthly budget.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Longer than the roof loan? C'mon, now, no way! ... :cool:

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Had my second mow of the season on Sunday. Took me four hours, but probably an hour of that was three water breaks.
    We have a corner lot with a lot of nooks and crannies, including about 80 feet worth of drainage ditch, so I have to do it all with a push mower. A riding mower just won't work for our terrain. Also have to do weedeating and trimming a couple of hedges, which is the first hour of the job. I used to really enjoy it, and still do, but it feels like a lot more work every year. By the second water break I'm ready to tap out, especially when the July and August cuts come around and I'm cutting on a nice, brisk, 92-degree afternoon.
    On the bright side, that counts for my weekend workout, so at least that's good.

I Should Coco and Liut like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you're spending that kind of time on it, you should consider getting a DR trimmer. They are essentially a push mower that uses a heavy duty string trimmer to cut. It's like a big honking weedeater on wheels, but you don't have to hold it up and wave it around. It lets you trim close to trees, flowerbeds, walls, in ditches, etc far easier.

This is the low end model, which is what I use.

DR PILOT Walk Behind Wheeled String Trimmer | DR Power Equipment

6. Slacker

Lawn service, dude. They can bang it out in 30 minutes.

Well worth the $30 a week. Budget for it, and get a better workout elsewhere.

Never kill yourself over yard work. It's right up front in the manual.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe in a few years I'll reach that point. I still do enjoy it enough to keep at it. It's nice to have an excuse to turn the phone off and unplug for a few hours. I also enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when it's done. It's not all bad. Just takes a long time.

Liut likes this.
  8. Slacker

I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when I hand the guy his $30 every week.

YMMV

Liut and Batman like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Beware of when everybody's telephone rings. And you aren't mowing unless you edge.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Blessing boys" is another great lawnmowing site.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

SB Mowing is my go-to mowing channel on YouTube and TikTok. Oddly soothing.

micropolitan guy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted