1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawnmowing videos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Aug 2, 2022.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

For some reason, these random time-lapse videos of lawncare guys mowing, weed-wacking, and otherwise cleaning up abandoned properties, or those owned by disabled/elderly residents, have started showing up on my Facebook video feed. etc. One guy is based in Australia, another in Wichita.

Some of these places have reverted to jungles, and they get on these amazing riding mowers and go to work, clearing off covered driveways/walkways with these amazing edgers, etc. At the end they show before/after comparisons and you wouldn't recognize the places.

They are oddly fascinating.

garrow likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Links?

3. micropolitan guy

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There is more.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

This guy is amazing, maybe some of you Michiganders in the Battle Creek region know of him.

Again, I'm just transfixed by these videos, the transformations are amazing!

Cleanup with Erik

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So not this then?

upload_2023-2-27_16-12-16.jpeg

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Facebook’s algorithm has filled my Reels feed with dozens of videos showing guys pouring concrete in third world countries and I have no clue why other than because I watch every gotdam one of them.

8. micropolitan guy

I guess it interests me is because mowing a lawn is something I can do, and have done for decades, and in some cases enjoyed because it's a finite job, and you can see what you accomplished. Some of those home improvement videos, or pouring concrete, I can appreciate the work but have no friggin' idea how it's done.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I had no idea you could build a swimming pool in three minutes until Facebook showed me how. :)

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the connection to the U.S. President is, but this one is fascinating. It'll suck away 45 minutes if you get started though, beware.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What’s your favorite “lawnmower beer”?

12. micropolitan guy

Updating this, since it's now mowing season pretty much everywhere in the country.

If you have Facebook, the best guy to search for it "Outdoors with Eric." He's from Battle Creek and does a lot of freebies for elderly people and also helping to clean up abandoned property in neighborhoods.

Draft saved Draft deleted