1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order only to be on TNT?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, May 8, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

It's a scenario being considered:
    http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6440109.html

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I think the Grim Reaper is inching closer for L&O.

It's too bad. One of the best shows ever on television.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

More wisdom from the programming geniuses at NBC, which moved L&O out of its decade-plus-long reliable Wednesday night time slot and shipped it off to TV's second-biggest wasteland, Friday night, and wondered why the ratings went down.

L&O deserves better, as in network. Come to think of it, most of NBC's shows do.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

L&O has been unwatchable since Jerry Orbach (RIP) left the show. As someone who loves the early years of L&O, I want to see it put out to pasture.

TNT could have its programming list reduced if Fred Thompson decides to run for president, because showing any ep he appears in would violate equal time provisions.

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

L&O now is like an aging, formerly great player trying desperately to hang on. It's been bereft of new ideas for a long time and the 'ripped from the headlines' schtick has gotten real old.

Agree with Pope. To put it in L&O terms, it should eat its gun. Now.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

LAW AND ORDER IS IN JEFF'S BOX AND LAW AND ORDER IS COMING BACK! OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! OF ALL THE DRAMATIC THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN LAW AND ORDER STANDING RIGHT IN JEFF ZUCKER'S BOX ANNOUNCING IT IS BACK!

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

While the mothership isn't as good as it once was, it's still better than the majority of dreck on TV.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

'I'm getting goose bumps.' [/Michael Kay]

So does this mean Law and Order won't go on road trips, so it can be closer to Law and Order: SUV and Law and Order: Criminal Overacting?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What sucks is Friday nights. Since they made the move this season, I havent had a desire to even record it -- out of sight out of mind...

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

In watching tonight's show apparently CI is moving to Mondays. Bah.

I want an all-Law & Order-all-the-time channel. With no NBA games.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No shit... fuckabunchanba,... I needs my L&O

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome. Totally awesome.

It's also not going to speak to the media the day before it airs and it's going to brush back Scrubs.

Draft saved Draft deleted