1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order: Jack McCoy finally gets a "promotion"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by broadway joe, May 16, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Whoever thought that Fenian would take a link from Fox News as gospel? Are the endtimes near?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Jesse Martin and Michael Imperioli would be a good combination... I like Martin in L&O...

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

First casting move:

Jeremy Sisto is in as a detective (and Milena Govich likely out).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ic037e503baf6e57ccbbf4c1226f12d76

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

He could be okay.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd still like to see a good "character actor" type on that show to bring back some of the Orbach vibe. It looks too much like a TV show with pretty people.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Bring in Steve Buscemi. That should lower the cute quotient a bit.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Jill Hennessy has a twin sister (they were both in Cronenberg's "Dead Ringers" with Jeremy Irons). Would she do? As far as I know she's only hosting a medical show on TLC right now. :D

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think Martin is fine. Too bad they couldn't get Imperioli. The DA's office appears to be a shambles. If this show wasn't in range of Gunsmoke, and if Wolf hadn't been so good to NBC, L&O would have died with Orbach.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

Sisto was good in "Waitress," which is a charming movie.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sisto was also good in Kidnapped and in a few guest shots after that show got canned.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I like Martin.  He isn't in the level of Logan and Briscoe, but he can hold his own.  I agree with lanteur, they need better writers or overhaul the crew all together.  As far as Jack getting bumped up when Arthur Branch leaves to run for prez, it wouldn't surprise me if McCoy remain a prominent figure by trying the major cases in the courtroom himself.  It would be nuts to cut down Waterston's role. 

I don't have an opinion of the new partner and Associate DA, but Wolf should consider bringing Richard Brooks back as Robinette and give him the opportunity to be the top ADA, or move Courtney Vance (Ron Carver) to the ADA spot.  Imperioli would be a great fit with Martin.  Imperoli is not only good, but he's a great character and supporting actor. 

EDIT: If Imperioli does join L&O, he'll be the guy to confront Green and his gambling. It would be smart to leak that back into the storyline.

12. Exactly!

If they can't bring back Paul Robinette, I wouldn't mind seeing Jamie Ross return.

Draft saved Draft deleted