1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order - All Versions - New Season Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cadet, Sep 26, 2006.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I can one-up that. Diane Neal, who plays the current ADA (Casey novak) on SVU, got her start on the series by playing a woman convicted of being in a group of women who raped a guy in a 2001 episode of SVU.

So she went from perp to ADA on the show.

Top that.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

S. Epatha Merkerson played a mother of a shooting victim in an early L&O. A few seasons later, she becomes Lt. Van Buren.

Jerry Orbach played a lawyer in a guest spot a year or two before coming on as Lenny Briscoe.

And don't think this is limited to the L&O series. Before becoming Col. Potter, Harry Morgan has a guest appearance on MASH as another character.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Didn't Dennis Franz have such a transformation from suicidal Benedetto to Buntz on Hill Street Blues?

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Dooley noted, but you gotta admit ... going from bad gal, prosecuted by Cabot, to Cabot's replacement, is a hell of a stretch.

5. Freelance Hack

And going from a poor single mother of a dead child to the top cop in the 22nd precinct isn't?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There's actually a Web site called Repeat Offenders that list multirole actors on the show.

7. Freelance Hack

And, now that I think about it, I'm positive Paul Sorvino was a guest star sometime during the first season.

I'm just waiting for George Dzunda to guest star.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Maybe Rosie O'Donnell will be on SVU ... since she's now making her way around the guest appearance tour (Nip/Tuck last night).

Random thought: I thought the french dialogue/subtitles on SVU last night was different.

9. dooley_womack1

Too bad Fellini never directed a L&O episode.

10. Maybe a couple of the early episodes ...

11. dooley_womack1

Would have been fun to see McCoy storm deadpan through a coterie of circus animals and jugglers on the courthouse steps.

12. Then there's that weaselly little guy who played a) the militia leader who gets acquitted, b) the neighborhood vigilante who gets acquitted, c) the schizophrenic lawyer who stabs people and nearly argues himself into an acquittal.

Draft saved Draft deleted