1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order - All Versions - New Season Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cadet, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

We're just past the opening credits of Criminal Intent and already I'm cranky.

1. They messed with the schedule. Two on Tuesday, one on Friday. Bah.

2. Where is D'Onofrio?

3. Where is the brunette female partner (can't remember her name)? Her character rocked.

4. They took the redhead from that defunct DA show, gave her a horrific haircut and made her the new female partner on CI. WTF?

If they've fucked with SVU the way they've fucked with this show, I'll be really pissed.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Re: Law & Order Premiere Thread

Like Noth much better than that twitchy Pvt. Pyle. I couldn't tell if the redhead was trying to act like she was a lesbian or what.
    At least Stabler's new, blonde, partner is hot.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Um, sorry Cadet but L&O premiere week was last week.

1. They changed the schedule because "Conviction" was cancelled and they wanted L&O in the primetime slot on Friday.

2. D'Onofrio? Of the 26 episodes, him and and his same partner are doing half of the episodes while Noth and the chick who was on "Conviction" are doing the other 13.

3. As far as the regular L&O and the ADA... there were a lot of off-season changes. Etc.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Adding the Conviction girl doesn't bother me as much as Carver leaving the show. He was a great ADA on on CI.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Eh, I think Carver was wasted on CI. I could so easily see Courtney B. Vance taking over Fred Thompson's gig someday (and wish he would), with the way Dick Wolf recycles actors. Which he did on SVU, making Robert Vaughn (who on L&O a few years ago was a major player in NYC politics, and a bipolar loony, who tried to defeat Schiff in one of those infamous "election years") into some grandpa who wasn't given much to do.

I like Noth and Nicholson together on CI. With Noth on, the show has a feel what L&O would be if they basically cut out the DAs' half of the show. D'Onofrio and Erbe have grown on me, and I prefer them by a narrow margin. And I think Bogosian has promise, certainly has more presence than Jamey Sheridan.

SVU seems like it will be fine with Hargitay gone; it looks like they may rely on high concept cases over basic sex crimes. I hope tonight was a step toward getting Stabler's shit settled. With Benson clearly never destined to knock boots with Stabler (which is a good thing), giving him a new partner for a while so he can finally come to the crossroads with his wife and face his last temptation of Christ will be welcome.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was hoping he'd take over the ADA role on the mothership when Jack McCoy moves into the big office. Of course, that hinges on the L&O mothership still being here another few years.

7. dooley_womack1

I think the Friday night move puts the over/under on L&O at three more seasons. I gotta think it'll get a 20th season, no matter the ratings, then adios.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It's Friday night and I'm cranky again.

The brunette chick from Conviction is now the new detective on the original. First the redhead on CI, now this. What gives?

Here's what I don't like: We were supposed to believe that Conviction was in the same time/place realm as the other Law & Orders, as evidenced by having Alexandra Cabot as the original SVU character on Conviction.

Now we're supposed to believe that we've never seen these chicks before and suddenly they're detectives?

Plus, the premise of Conviction was that the lower-level lawyers were young - something like average age 27? - and now we're supposed to believe they're homicide and major case detectives?

Grrr.... cranky that they've screwed with my favorite show(s).

9. joe

joe Active Member

Does that chick who was on L&O tonight have braces or what? I couldn't quit staring at her mouth, wondering what the fuck was up with it.

10. dooley_womack1

CI was OK. So was SVU. The new gal is not a fully developed character yet, and they should have had Stabler dealing with his family, since they made such a big deal about it last week. They just kinda acted like it didn't happen. And what's with Leslie Caron as a guest. Long way from Gigi. And next week, Jerry Lewis. Is SVU becoming Matlock?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wow. Can't believe you punted this.
    No, Vaughn didn't run. But he did everything to could to make sure that "twerp" Gary Feldman won....

12. dooley_womack1

Yes, tried to defeat Schiff by funding Feldman and making sure others wouldn't fund Schiff. I didn't say he ran.

Draft saved Draft deleted