1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law is coming to KC..

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Steelers had no business winning that game. That said, I didn't mind it. :D

2. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

And just like that, the Herm Edwards lovefest is resurrected.

I dont have the ability nor time to do so, but who can compile the NFL coaches in the last five years with playoff victories?

And no, i didn't ask for the Jets must successful coach in the last 20 years ... that one's obvious. It's Herm.

When the ship is sinking, you bail. It'd be akin to sitting at your podunk rag as the circ #'s are dropping, and dropping, and waiting for the paper to fold. Sure, you say you're sticking around, but damn, you'd be a fool to stay. The Jets will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Some people do that, yes. Others lead by example, persevere and turn a bad situation into a good one.

4. rolling

rolling Member

Like Rose hanging on the raft until help arrived even after Jack died?

Or am I taking this "ship is sinking" thing too far?

5. Almost_Famous

You've got 2 choices - stick it out with the bunch of old geezers you've got on your team (which includes a dead arm, overpaid QB), or jump ship to a team ready to contend in the AFC (Cheifs).

that's like being at the podunk times, and the big city metro wanting you. you tell podunk you love it, and you're not going anywhere (needing to keep your gig, dont wanna get fired) and then bolting when the offer is made.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You, of course, are right. Herm had no say in Terry Bradway's signings. Herm didn't coddle Pennington. Herm didn't run lax training camps. He's a victim of the Jets history of failure. ::)

7. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

AF, surprised it took you so long to go brown bunny on Herm again. You must be slipping a little.

Ask any Jets' fan [and no, I'm not one, just an observer] if he/she is sorry Herm is gone. If you get one yes, I'd be surprised.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

You'd certainly think that ones who recall their late father, the Army master sergeant, at every other presser might be inclined to think of someone other than themselves when times get tough. But hey, it's all just talk.

And let's get this straight--it's not like he was going to be on food stamps, considering his Jets' contract was guaranteed through the 2007 season.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sure. And in other news, I'm the most successful writer ever birthed by my mother. Just because my sister has never had a byline doesn't make it any less true.

Where is Whitlock the joker coming in to tell us about how he's going to work the hallway outside the media room corners with Hermy?

10. Almost_Famous

I'm still not sure what it is with Edwards. The guys who are bashing him refuse to accept the fact that he won with the Jets. Moreso than any other Jets coach in the past 2 decades.

Who won more playoff games with the Jets, Herm or Bill Parcells? Look it up. The numbers are there.

If you want to bash him for saying one thing and doing another (you know, like every coach and athlete on the planet), oh well. Go right ahead. I won't stop that.

But I can't wait for him to win in KC. I'm hoping 13-3 against a weak division. Meanwhile, the Jets will battle the Bills for worst record in the AFC.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It's the newest David Simon effort. The Liar: where the myth of Show-Me State sensibility is unceremoniously dumped on the highway, as Avon Barksdale heads west to show IsaiahJason Whitlock the ropes and yet is also taught powerful lessons of the efficacy of untrue words by the coach of the pro football team.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Herm's good at going where the cupboard is full. Got that Barry Switzer sort of thing.

The Law signing... a guy with maybe a year left.... is the first step of him chipping away at the core left by Vermeil.

I have never (this includes Kotite, Wannstedt, take your pick) seen a worse in-game coach. By a huge margin. Secretari-herm.

Draft saved Draft deleted