1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law is coming to KC..

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Jul 23, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You won't likey so much when you see opposing WR's running free down the field, with no defenders within 25 yards. If Law had much of anything left in the tank, he'd have been snapped up long ago. ::)

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

which is why he led the league in interceptions last year, on a shitty team, no less.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

For whatever reason, I though Law was much older than 32.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

So then why he wasn't snapped up until a week before camp?

The only person in Hempstead who liked Ty Law and thought he was half as good as Ty Law thought he was (you'll soon learn Ty likes to refer to himself in the third person) was Herm. Welcome back to the country club, Ty!

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Now if your team only had consistently good WRs and a defensive line, you might have something.

9-7, out of the playoffs again.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't forget "now if your team only had a coach with a third-grade mastery of the clock..."

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Because everyone thought he was done. Apparently, he wasn't. No doubt, his best days are behind him. But if the chiefs can upgrade from that poor defense to an opportunistic one that bends but doesn't break, that would help the Chiefs big time.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

With Law it wasn't that no one wanted him. It was the "get paid like a top 3 corner" thing that kept most teams away. After his injury in NE, he was a huge risk. But he more than earned his paycheck last year. I don't know how well liked or unliked he was in Hempstead, but he looked damned good just about every Sunday last season. He may suddenly slow down, but after last season, he was a player in demand. He may have signed late in the game, but there were a lot of teams interested, including New England and Seattle.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

It's hard to call Law washed up when he led the NFL in interceptions last season, though I'll be the first to admit he's not in his prime anymore. Sounds like a heart talking instead of a head.

Though the Chiefs aren't loaded everywhere, having Larry Johnson, Gonzalez, a good offensive line and a QB that probably has two more good years left in him, the offense should be fine. With Surtain, Law, Derrick Johnson, Jared Allen and others, the defense is a little better.

I don't think they're world beaters. I think they're in the playoffs, though. After that, who knows? The No. 6 team in the AFC won the Super Bowl last year.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Watch out, BYH...don't make Whitlock work those corners!

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Interceptions is one of the more deceptive stats among many deceptive stats in the NFL. Deion Sanders didn't have many picks, but he was one of the top defensive backs. Often, interceptions are a function of being the free safety or being considered the defensive backfield's weakest link.

I dunno how well or how badly Ty Law did. Just sayin'

Draft saved Draft deleted