1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

laura bush, imbecile

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"Many parts of Iraq are stable now. But, of course, what we see on television is the one bombing a day that discourages everybody."
    -- The First Shopper, Feb. 26

As opposed to:

"As of Nov. 2006, there were approximately 185 insurgent and militia attacks
    every day in Iraq."
    -- The Brookings Institution Iraq Index, Feb. 22

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This thread will not end well at all.

That being said, I'm not going to bash the first lady, despite the fact that had it been Hillary Clinton who said this, she'd have been roasted alive.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not so much bashing, but criticizing is certainly in order.

I can certainly understand her desire to keep the party line. However, to state what she is saying, there is only a handful of reasons:
    1) Stick to the party line and make things seem rosier than they are. This in turn argues that the media is bias and lying.

2) She isn't really informed on the ongoings in Iraq.

3) She doesn't pay attention to the news and isn't interesting in learning about the ongoings in Iraq.

Of course, options 2 and 3 are fine as long as she is never relied upon to provide any insight into anything.

4. I agree with both points.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The woman's simple.

You know it.

I know it.

Look at her taste in . . . "men".

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The one-a-day bombings in Iraq are a left-wing conspiracy...

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I agree totally with you Pastor...

Her handlers need to keep her from commenting on these kinds of issues because no good will come of it.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Are we talking about the president or first lady here?

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

:)

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Well, I'll rip the Stepford wife all I wish. She's a bored and insipid woman who clearly hasn't been touched by a man in a long time. And she should stick to what she knows, which would be . . . yeah, nothing.

This isn't the first time she's attacked the news media and it won't be the last. It's the same simpleton who accused the media of using her daughters' ho acts for profit.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The last part is true, actually, but the point still stands.

12. Remember, they trotted her out to pat us all on the head about stem-cell research during hte campaign.
    Yeah, cutting-edge microbiology from the assistant librarian from Bugtussle.

Draft saved Draft deleted