1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latrell Sprewell: Homeless?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

$405,000 home? for an NBA star? that's not exactly living large. And if e's making that kind of dough, why have a mortgage on a $405,000 house?

2. Cuz he's an idiot?

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Given the salary level Spree was making during his playing days, you'd think he had $400,000 stuffed in a couch or glove compartment or something somewhere.

First the yacht. Now the house. Couldn't put a choke hold on a couple of those NBA paychecks, Spree?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'll check with Pacman. :D :D

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Maybe he took an ARM on it. ;)

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mike Tyson made $300,000,000 in his boxing career ... and pissed every red cent of it away.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

So he can deduct the mortgage interest on his income taxes?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Tyson never saw a lot of that money.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not that Tyson was a model of financial responsibility (owning a couple of tigers couldn't have been cheap), but I have to agree with Moddy ... he got jobbed pretty badly by some of the unsavory "advisers" he had in his heyday.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Spree is NOTHING!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I told him to switch to Geico!

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

tyson lived far larger than any nba player could dream about, and he's admitted he pissed away the money that wasn't stolen from him. i'm sure spree's not broke, he just doesn't like paying bills and thinks he can get away with paying less on the dollar than he owes. it's not like he has to worry about credit ratings if he's still liquid.

Draft saved Draft deleted