1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest member: Magic Johnson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'd just like to welcome Magic to SportsJournalists.com.

One thing: I didn't know you and Barry Bonds were related.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Magic: How are you the only person in history to contract HIV and then gain 70 pounds?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

$180,000

A classic South Park episode.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Have you seen what that guy eats at a typical Lakers game? Nearly every camera shot during the Finals he's shoveling in fistfuls of popcorn.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That was about 100 pounds ago.

6. Mizzougrad96

I honestly believe that Magic is getting some experimental drug that either cures HIV or keeps it from turning into AIDS.

Nobody goes 20 years without the disease doing anything negative to the body.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Maybe he's still got enough game to help the Lakers come back.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's $180,000.

That's what you need to cure aids.

Read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsil_Trouble

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Member ... Johnson ... hehe

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Mizzougrad96

It's a classic episode.

I think they're right. I would be very curious to have Magic tested and find out if he still has HIV. I'll bet he doesn't.

If you have enough money you can get access to experimental drugs that could be decades away from getting FDA approval.

Whatever he's doing, it's working...

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I saw something awhile back (I think it was shortly before Tommy Morrison said he doesn't have it anymore ::)) that said there are no traces of the disease in his body right now. Doctors don't know how that happened, but he's not the first person it has happened to. It's very rare obviously, but I guess there's been several documented cases of this happening.

I think there's a great story in there somewhere about either A) the treatment he's undergone and whether he's used experimental drugs that might just have worked or B) about the studies they're doing on him now to figure out why he doesn't have any signs of it anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted