1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest from our favorite publisher in Santa Barbara

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I WOULD GLADLY WORK IN SANTA BARBARA!!!

As a surf instructor. ::)

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Best advice for the publisher and those who work for her (and actually want to) is to MOVE ON and work harder at picking up the pieces of what is left and NOT wallow in what has happened. Sure, a little wallowing was going to happen, but LET IT GO!

I'd like to know if their single-copy sales are up, down or not much of a difference because Santa Barbara is a touristy town and many of its readers likely don't know much of what is going on with all the fighting if they are just there on the weekend and happen to pick up the paper.

3. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

Hey, it just so happens I have an opening for a cutie-booty Executive VP to take dictation, polish furniture, and give me a hand with expanding areas of our corporate empire. I like the way this little honey thinks. ;D

4. 805atHeart

805atHeart Member

If anyone is still interested in the circus of Santa Barbara, the latest is they've unionized ... much to the chagrin of the evil witch of the west.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003187854

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

And another update ... from the Times via the AP ...

<a href="http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-newspress12oct12,1,3867935.story?coll=la-headlines-california">Employees Sue Santa Barbara Paper</a>

From the Associated Press
    October 12, 2006

SANTA BARBARA — About 200 past and current employees of the embattled Santa Barbara News-Press sued the paper Wednesday, contending that it failed to keep accurate time records and stiffed them out of overtime pay.

Draft saved Draft deleted