1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late paycheck concern

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by fishhack2009, Jan 2, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Update: Went to Wal-Mart to cash the paycheck and an expense check today..no can do. Rejected. Called the Wal-Mart processing place and the issue is with the employer.

Fellow employees with direct deposit, however, have gotten their money apparently. I don't have an account yet, which is why I went to Wal-Mart.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on here??

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Are you a new employee? Don't you have a bank account? Go to a branch of the bank where the check was issued.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Yeah, I'm new here... had to wait 30 days after getting my photo drivers license in order to open a bank account. We do our banking through Bank of America ... nearest branch is 25 miles away. And since my car decided to take a dump today as well, I don't know when I'll make it up that way.

4. HarryNutsack

HarryNutsack New Member

Holy shit, dude! The new year sure isn't starting off too good for you is it?!

Draft saved Draft deleted