1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late Night Survey -- Who is Funnier?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 25, 2010.

?

Who is Funnier

1. Conan

61.9%
  2. Leno

8.2%
  3. Letterman

29.9%
  1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

In retrospect, it would be interesting if a similar survey had been done say three weeks ago. I think results would be a bit different, but who knows. Not knocking the timing of this poll at all, I'm just saying my hunch is a survey before NBC's recent actions would have led to different results. But there wasn't much reason to do such a poll before.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I give Patrick credit for putting Ebersol on the spot who was calling to promote the Olympics.

Clear that Ebersol was in the tank for Leno.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Kind of funny that Patrick made a point of saying that he was clearing the topic with Ebersol ahead of time.

4. Boom_70

DP When was last time you spoke to Conan
    DE Not since he started on Tonight show

DP When was last time you spoke to Leno?
    DE Long pause............. Last Thursday

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I actually liked listening to Ebersol. Patrick was a douche though. Saying he's got to go because he's got Reggie Miller on deck. WHo cares about Reggie Miller. Ebersol was telling good stories and if prodded in the right direction he cold have went on about the early SNL years, the late night wars. Carson, Letterman and Leno. But DP (isn't DP 'double penetration?) just didn't get the chance to talk, so he pushed Ebersol off. Meanwhile, Miller didn't come on for another set.

Johnny Carson thought Letterman was funnier, I'm tired of it.
    Conan is the wittiest and most clever of the bunch. Leno is lounge act funny. And as Ebersol was implying Leno is funniest to most of the country, just not the Northeast and Pacific Coast areas of the country.

6. froggy

froggy Guest

How about none of them?

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That's a good read. Something I would add is that, unlike many in previous generations, the 18-34 crowd (and those of us a tad older ;)) almost NEVER watch the local news that comes on before Leno/Letterman/Conan.

Seriously, ask around your group of friends/work colleagues. Does anyone watch the 10 or 11 o'clock newscast?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll take Kimmel over any of them.

Letterman is the best by far when he cares. That's about 10 percent of the time.

Conan is very hit and miss. Sometimes he's fantastic, and sometimes his show sucks.

Leno's show always sucks. He is the worst interviewer of any of them.

Kimmel's show is very consistently good and seems to do pretty well guestwise.

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

Watched this again today (by virtue of Rob Neyer mentioning it in his blog): http://www.fandome.com/video/112622/Conan-OBrien-Old-Time-Baseball/

Never gets old. No pun intended.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Who cares about an oozing piece of dead weight like Dick Ebersol?

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dick Ebersol, apparently.

12. Boom_70

No doubt Ebersol loved the shot Conan took at him last week about the Olympics losing 200 Mil.

Draft saved Draft deleted