1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late Night Survey -- Who is Funnier?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 25, 2010.

?

Who is Funnier

1. Conan

61.9%
  2. Leno

8.2%
  3. Letterman

29.9%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My vote goes to Conan.

2. Boom_70

Bump

Conan dominating the vote.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My pillow.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Really? A bump after an hour?

5. Boom_70

I am on a tight deadline for story I am doing.
    I was not aware there was a bump policy .
    My apologies.
    If MODs want to debump ok with me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No need to apologize, and there's no bump policy that I'm aware of. Just curious.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

13-16 go to Conan?

Ai carrumba.

I'd put him behind Letterman, but in front of Leno.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

When I voted, it was 10-1-0 Conan-Leno-Letterman, which was surprising to me.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Interesting piece in today's Times on Conan's so-called fans ... the ones who claim to love him but don't really watch the show... which is why his ratings fell below Letterman and why his 18-34 demo ratings were LOWER THAN LENO'S

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/25/business/media/25conan.html?8dpc=&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1264442426-TFFPs1p/e7bGXdA8qSydQg

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you missed Dan Patrick's zany airtime with his boss Dick Ebersol this morning, Dick went way out on the limb to admit that back in the day, when it was Leno v Letterman for Carson's job, he (Ebersol) was the lone voice in favor of Letterman. And now he knows he was wrong, Leno is MUCH funnier than Letterman, and he should have known better, and btw this will be the best Olympics EVER.

After Patrick ended the interview, in favor of Reggie Miller waiting on the other line, Patrick went on to say he disagreed with Ebersol because Letterman was much funnier.

So I have to go with Letterman, just because Ebersol sounded like such a putz about the whole thing.

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

I have rarely been up late enough to catch any of them, but for a few years, I was a devout viewer of Conan. I could care less about Letterman or Leno. I probably caught a handful of Conan's shows in the past seven months, but would rather watch one of his reruns than the other choices.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Interesting piece. It just goes to show you, every medium is fighting against niche programming, the internet, et. al.

Draft saved Draft deleted