1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last time been in a fight, last time seen a fight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 31, 2008.

1. A) George Harrison sings, "While my guitar gently weeps." You know that song. It's a great one. Clapton plays on it.
    B) Bite yourself.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

A. i think you need to reread my post.

B. and i would if i could.

3. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

Outside a bar in Silver Spring Maryland. Both orbitals and other face bones. But funniest was also in Silver Spring, intersection of Colesville and Georgia Ave. I was jogging and car cut in front of me in some temporary (whole intersection was being rebuilt) bank driveup lane. I banged on the rear of the car and the driver slammed on the brakes and jumped out. Probably neither of us had a great day and both knew the deal, and we squared off. The guy was much larger but I immediately understood my advantage, he was burdened with a fat-ass car and I was in running shoes so I wanted to trade a few punches. To my surprise, the guy was all gas and I face-tagged him and he started backing up. This might be one of the busiest, most recognizable intersections in the western world and I wanted out, law enforcement quick. I turned up Colesville and will never forget an older woman on a bench beside a bus-stop commenting ,"He won't mess with a jogger anymore." I know it is self-syrup but its truth was really funny.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Don't remember the last time I was in a scrap. Probably grade school and probably lost.

Last fight that I saw? At Jones' NYC drink-a-thon. At some bar in the sixties and first avenue. A guy was dancing with his girl when a dude walked up from behind and cold-cocked him. Dancing guy was out cold.

5. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Last time I was in a fight was middle school. I've been in a few situations that escalated since then, the last about six years ago when I backed a guy down in a warehouse with a ball-peen hammer.

Last fight I saw was between two late teens, early 20s girls in a parking lot, tearing off clothes, with a crowd of guys hooting and hollering.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Ask Mikey for tips. I'm sure he can help.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Are you saying I gently weep? Or that I bite myself?

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You're the self-help master of your domain.

9. part-timer

part-timer Member

Beside fighting with my brother when we were teenagers, 1980.

I teach in a middle school, I see fights all the time.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Ah. No disagreement here.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I can tell you the next time I'll be in a fight: First time I see Petty.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Now that I am a first time father, I can honestly say that if anyone threatens my kid, I'll fucking kill em.

Maybe not kill them, but think of Tommy Lee Jones in Lonesome Dove level of an ass kicking.

Never knew I had that gear in me, but after Lil 93 showed up, I know I have it. I just hope I never need to use it.

Draft saved Draft deleted