1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last time been in a fight, last time seen a fight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 31, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Small world, huh? I'll assume he's learned to fight a little better since then. :)

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

turning 51 on june 13 -- no gifts, thank you, friends -- and not in a fight in my life. i'm a talker and a lover. 8) 8) 8)

fight to be a witness to? outside of nfl training-camp nonsense, none come to mind. certainly don't feel like i've missed out on anything.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, it has been a long, long, long time. A very long time. And the other guy? Let's just say he is unable to post on this thread. Or any other. Ever.

Seriously? Me in a fight is a funny thought. I'm sure there are tons of people who would love to kick my ass. They would not have to work very hard. They could probably kick my ass with one hand and post about it with the other.
    Do it in front of my dogs, however, and you will die.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know, that's funny. i owned a rottie for 12 years. even look at my wife funny and that dog would back you into a corner.

me? not so much. the dog thought i was big enough to fin for myself, i guess.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a fighter. I took boxing lessons when I was in like fifth grade. But that was over 20 years ago...

Having said that, piss me off enough and I don't know what I'm capable of doing.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i usually just curl up into a ball and gently weep.

7. See, it would have been better if you'd said "gently weep" and work in a Beatles reference.
    Do better, Tomas.

8. forever_town

This must be kick Tomas in the non-existent furry balls weekend.

9. That's every weekend.

10. forever_town

Stan_Solo resembles that remark.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

A. i don't know what you're talking about.

B. bite me, you sonsabitches.

12. lono

lono Active Member

I once boxed a former Golden Gloves fighter. After three rounds, he'd landed about 50 clean shots for every one of mine. I was still standing at the end, but my face looked like a tomato can.

It was the one and only time in my life I felt a spiritual kinship to the likes of Tex Cobb and Chuck Wepner.

Draft saved Draft deleted