1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

hmmm ... I bet this will give you maybe two nights. it's worth it.

if you get scared, promise - you can call me, and I won't even laugh.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Watched Slap Shot on Christmas Eve. Will be going to see The Wrestler on Wednesday. Cannot wait.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned Michael Clayton a couple ofnpages back. Just watched it last night. Damned great flick, though I'm shocked Tilda Swinton got an Oscar -- she's on screen for less than seven minutes all told, and didn't do a whole lot of earth-shaking acting. All she did was look scared. That's my only beef with the flick, though. Loved the credits rolling over Clooney in the back of the cab, too. Watching again tonight.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I haven't seen Clayton yet, based on the way people here talk about it I may have to.

Last film I watched was Charlie Bartlett, based on several people on here telling me Downey was good in it, he was and it was a pretty good film.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Bolt.

Best non-Pixar animated Disney movie since 1998's Mulan, at least. Tremendous, highly recommended.

6. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I saw that a couple weeks ago, and was impressed with it.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

By an amazing coincidence, lifted this from the local library, this afternoon.
    Will report back.

8. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I just watched Wanted. What a terrible fucking movie. I got it from Redbox and still feel ripped off. Jolie's butt was the only saving grace.

9. jps

jps Active Member

Jolie's butt is worth at least two rentals at rebox, prez. get with it.
    (and I actually enjoyed the movie ... it is what it is, and doesn't ever really try to be anything different. sort of like death race, which I just last last night after the hammer - really enjoyable escapism.)

10. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I can find a screenshot of Jolie's butt on google images and make it the background on my cell phone. I don't need to see it from a fantasy land action movie that has an awful plot and makes Michael Bay look like a great director.

11. jps

jps Active Member

you sure you didn't inhale?

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

"The Women" with Meg Ryan, Eva Mendes, Annette Benning, Jada Pinkett and Debra Messing. Some funny parts, but not a great movie. I should have watched the original, with Joan Crawford. Or better yet, I should have read the original play by Clare Booth Luce.

Draft saved Draft deleted