1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Bourne Ultimatum, after having seen the first two.

Good, solid filmmaking. Hardly a false note in the whole trilogy – with the understanding that the movies venture very far from the source material.

I was glad the whole Julia Stiles thing finally had a payoff that worked.

2. Best movie I've seen this year.
    Really different for Van Sant.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Got a "date" day/night with Ms. Law this weekend and we did both "Wrestler" and "Slumdog Millionaire". Wow. Two really enjoyable flicks. Out of 4 stars, I'd give Wrestler 3.5 and Slumdog 4 only because there seemed to be more layers to Slumdog.

Hard to believe that the Rourke I found fascinating in "Diner" is the same guy doing the Wrestler. Amazing performance. Loved it.

Slumdog is a little like Usual Suspects in the different layers as you peel it back. Indian movies are great; lively, deep, and not what you think they are.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Only thing I'd say is, I wish they hadn't foreshadowed the final result. For people who didn't know the story, it would have played out better on its own.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

You never forgot that it was Tom Cruise, but it didn't bother me too badly. If you go in expecting the movie to be a realistic historical drama, I can see where Cruise would ruin the movie. If you think of it as Mission Impossible: The Doom of the Resistance Nazis, it is an enjoyable action flick. I expected the latter and was not disappointed.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Watched Shawshank this morning for the first time in less than a month. Never get tired of it.

With a newborn in the house, I really miss being able to go to the movies. So much out there I'd like to see.

7. Has Kenneth Branagh gone two years in his movie career WITHOUT playing a Nazi?
    His Heydrich in that HBO movie about the Wannsee meeting was terrifying.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

"Conspiracy."

It's an excellent movie. I bought it on DVD as soon as I was able to find it. Now if I could just find "The Late Shift," that movie with Kathy Bates about the Letterman/Leno battle.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Re-watched Michael Clayton, which was even better the second time 'round.

10. "DO I LOOK LIKE I'M NEGOTIATING?"
    Best movie line of 2007.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Dug out L.A. Story.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" last night for the first time. Pretty damn funny.
    I spent most of the movie trying to decide which girl was more desirable, which was better looking. Couldn't decide.

Draft saved Draft deleted