1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes; amazing production; story was smaller than I expected.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Agreed. This was just a light-hearted blast. Loved the satire near the end spoofing certain events of the recent years, and there were enough cameos and one-liners to make the Zucker Brothers blush.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I didn't find any reason to care about Roadhouse. I was constantly thinking 'why?'

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I’ve probably seen a movie worse than Argylle, but hell if I know what it is.

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Last Voyage of Demeter was pretty fun. I love Victorian monster movies, so I wanted to see it. Corey Hawkins does a fine English accent and Liam Cunningham is always great. My only criticism: weak casting beyond those two actors. Top notch production design and cinematography.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I keep reading those responses and it is so disappointing. I really like Sam Rockwell and hoped Matthew Vaughn's involvement was a good sign. I have mixed opinions on the rest of the cast. Bryce Dallas Howard is much better behind the camera than in front of it.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

For those cursing Argylle, I'd invite you to watch Poolman when considering worst movies ever. I actually kind of got a kick out of it but also understand the reviewers who basically want Chris Pine to be banished from Hollywood.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Dune II … gorgeous… incomplete… strangely unsatisfying.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Furiosa; Anya T is amazing, the physical work is nice to watch; she's got about a page of dialogue total but she conveys so much with her eyes and body language (credit to camera work as well). Preview made it seem totally CGI which was a turn off but on the screen (Cinemark XD theatre) it looks much better than I anticipated. I enjoyed learning Furiosa's origins and Hemsworth delivers as an adversary with comedic lines.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Challengers.

One of THOSE endings.

11. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Just re-watched The Death of Stalin which sounds like a dreary movie but is a really good comedy. Highly recommended....

garrow likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Last flick I saw using MoviePass before they went bankrupt.

Draft saved Draft deleted