1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And Kendall Roy!

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Still holds up pretty well. Still always a hoot to see 1980 NYC compared to the LA I knew growing up.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That's Chicago

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Damn, 44 years thinking that was NYC.

garrow likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Watched The Iron Claw. Hated it.

Aside from the fact that they whitewashed Chris from existence, they glossed over just about every major event in the Von Erichs’ life. Maybe three minutes on Kerry losing his foot, another three minutes on Mike’s suicide, another three minutes on Kerry’s depression. The timeline is all screwed up too, as Kerry’s accident was not immediately after his title win — it was like two years later. Looks like they did that on purpose to explain why Kerry lost the belt, when in actuality he lost it because he was drug-addled and missed his bookings.

Also, I get what they were going for at the end, but it just came off as cheesy.

The guy who played Kerry was awful. And the guy who played Ric Flair was beyond awful.

I appreciate the work Efron put into playing Kevin, and his ring scenes were way better than I expected. The only other bright spot was the guy who played Fritz.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. It's Guy Ritchie's Inglorious Basterds.

And Eiza Gonzalez is a smokeshow.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Argylle. Pitiful slop. Sam Rockwell deserves so much better. Dua Lipa was very glamorous in her bit part.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Saw that a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it. "Guy Ritchie's Inglorious Basterds" is a perfect description.

And I agree 100% on Gonzalez. If her and Ana de Armas ever do a movie together, you won't be able to get me to the theater fast enough.

garrow likes this.
  9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Iron Claw. Thought about going to see it in the theater, but never got around to it and am glad I saved my money. Not sure what I was expecting, but it was just ok. A tragic story with a heartless father, but the ending was good with Efron and his sons.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

From what I read, they omitted Chris for time and because it was just too much tragedy, but even with that extreme edit, the movie felt long. It is a hell of a thing to have a slow pace and rush through things, but somehow they managed it. I agree that they glossed over too many things. I don't think Jeremy Allen White was bad, but the script did him no favors. I agree that Aaron Dean Eisenberg was just horrible as Ric Flair.

I didn't hate the movie, but it certainly wasn't good.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My wife brought it up to me as a movie someone in her family had recommended for us to watch. She had completely forgotten that we saw it together in the theater.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Road House. Different than the original, and not necessarily in a great way. The fight scenes were good, but it seemed to lack much heart and the villain was a cartoon character.

The Covenant, also with Jake. Pretty good sand box movie.

Rear Window. In just half the movie, it was better than the other two combined.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted