1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I own the book "The Trial of the Chicago Seven" by Mark Levine and Daniel Greenberg. Basically, it's the transcript of the Chicago 7 trial. It's an amazing document. I have yet to catch the movie, but I will. It has been re-released with the movie, so you can easily pick it up or get it through the library.

Abbie Hoffman's testimony begins with:

"State your name."

"My name is Abbie. I am an orphan of America."

CD Boogie and qtlaw like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That sounds like you never saw "Stop Making Sense", the Talking Heads concert film by Jonathan Demme. You should, it's wonderful.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I'm OK with conversations being changed or dressed up, but major events should be kept the same.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’m unclear by how you’ve worded this. Are you saying this is a Talking Heads concert film? It’s not. No Tina, no Chris, no Talking Heads.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I know that.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

You saw the show live?

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

HBO

Severian likes this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Watched both new highly hyped steaming movies last night.

On the Rocks on Apple+ was really good. Bill Murray was outstanding as Rashida Jones father in a father/daughter buddy movie as they sought to see if her husband was cheating on her.

Borat on Amazon Prime was as expected. A couple belly laughs, some chuckles, some gross comedy and some expected outcomes. I enjoyed it. I’ll save debate on the Rudy Giuliani scene for other threads.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. My wife and I watched it tonight. I liked it a lot more than she did, but it's more my kind of story and I'm a huge fan of Sorkin's work. Of course, being Sorkin, he had to recycle something, but did it have to be the stupid egg joke?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

We did the same daily double this weekend; really enjoyed "On the Rocks" with Murray as the hilarious father and Ms. Jones doing well as the daughter; Borat was not as enjoyable to me; probably because I'm tired of the bad English speaking foreigner schtick.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Keaton was great in a Documentary Now! episode also playing an FBI agent. Owen Wilson was also on the episode.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Watched the Tom Holland/West Virginia movie on Netflix.

Meh

Not great. Not horrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted