1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bad Times at the El Royale. Someone's idea of a Tarrentino movie. Violence with good motown music. It was worth watching on a night when the game was rained out and it wasn't pay per view. Chris Hemsworth can be funny in Thor, as bad guy in this one he was just as good

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'd watch it for Jon Hamm.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Watched it last night. Great music selections ("Deep Purple, I think."). I had no idea Dakota Johnson was so hot. Some of the shock value moments made me jump. Bridges always seems to win out in the end. Not a bad effort.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. It definitely had Tarantino influence all over it, but that's not a bad thing. Also, Dakota Johnson was far sexier in this than she was in Fifty Shades.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Took the kids to Aladdin yesterday. Not quite as fun as the cartoon, but it was a worthy live-action remake. The actors who played Jasmine and Aladdin are incredibly good-looking, and excellent singers as well. Will Smith was good as the genie, and the film was just different enough from the cartoon that you didn't feel like you were just watching the same movie with actors.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Us - good fun

Anyone else notice pay per view prices have gone up?

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Under the Silver Lake--an off-the-wall hipster mystery. Good, but pretty surreal.

8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

It was meh. I'd suggest you also watch "Brick."

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I took the girls to see Toy Story 4. From the commercials I saw, I wasn't expecting much from this installment of the franchise. I mean, a spork has a big role in the movie. But I was pleasantly surprised to find a movie much better than the commercials made it seem, funny and touching and just right. Of course, it sets the scene for a Toy Story 5, but if that one goes the way I hope, it could be the best of the series (which is now the dark TS3).

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Brick was one of the first movies I got off Netflix back in the day.

Severian likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Halfway through the movie year - outside of Avengers: Endgame, (and Capt. Marvel) seems like a lot of whiffs - granted the movie year is typically backloaded but usually there are one or two early surprised that come out of nowhere.

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I saw The Dead Don't Die last night. It's Bill Murray's latest zombie picture, and it was...eh. Part of the disappointment was a plot point that was left completely unresolved, which made a few scenes in the film completely useless.

Draft saved Draft deleted