1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'd watch it.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I stopped watching about a third of the way through because I didn't want the experience spoiled. I will probably discover the movie wasn't worth it.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

"I Am Mother" on Netflix. Very intriguing. Enjoyed it.

Trying to get up to speed for John Wick 3 so watched John Wick. Nice story and execution. Brutal killing.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Watched the Adam Sandler/Jen Aniston flick "Murder Mystery" on Netflix. It was pretty dumb, but amusing in parts, pretty light fare and it zipped along. Pretty typical Sandler flick these days. I also find it amusing that he has successfully figured out how to get paid to take his friends on exotic vacations with gorgeous women.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Eight months late but finally got around to watching A Star is Born last night, since it was about to go off my On Demand. Pretty damn good. My small annoyance was with the sound, as I had to turn it up to like 45 to hear any of the conversations and back down to 20 when any music played. Kind of jarring.

6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Best to watch with subtitles. Bradley Cooper pretty much mumbles the entire film.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have that issue with a lot of movies when I watch on TV. It's really bad when you're watching an action flick or horror movie in bed while the wife is sleeping next to you at 1 a.m. You inch the volume up to hear the dialogue, and then a gunfight breaks out or a stinger hits when there's a kill and that's the first time you realize the volume is at deafening levels is when the wife jerks awake and shoots you a sleepy-eyed death glare.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. Have you thought about getting a speaker setup? I have heard speaker bars advertised and their premise seems to make sense for someone like me. I have a cheap tv and the speakers just cannot handle sounds when switching between loud and soft. I think the problem are the speakers and not an input issue so getting a sound bar would clear up some of the problems. I'm guessing the cost and the material/physics/locations of some tv speakers doom them to fail.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Our Roku remote has a headphone jack on the remote itself. You plug in headphones or earbuds and the TV itself remains silent. I don't use it much but when I do it is in exactly that "wife is sleeping" scenario.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I have a soundbar and subwoofer. It's the movie, not the speakers, at least in this case. As was noted, Cooper just mumbles throughout this thing and it's really, really hard to hear. I had to rewind several times just to make it out.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Big Kill - one of the best Westerns I have ever seen. Jason Patric was great as a villain.

Draft saved Draft deleted