1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Coen Brothers' western anthology film on Netflix--Ballad of Buster Scruggs. A waste of time.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Watched it a couple of nights ago. Strange stuff.

garrow likes this.
  3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Election (1999): 4/5. Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick made a great duo

4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking one for the team. I saw the trailer and thought it looked interesting. Guess I'll skip it now.

garrow likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Watched the original "Carrie," as my son needed to see it for a college class.

I forgot what a great cast it had, Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, Amy Irving, Nancy Allen, Betty Buckley and "Greatest American Hero" William Katt with a lead male role over John Travolta.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

No love for PJ Soles?

MTM likes this.
  7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've never seen "Carrie" all the way through, but I do fondly remember Soles in "Rock n' Roll High School." She wasn't bad in "Stripes" either.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I watched The Hateful Eight for the first time last night.
    Holy Titties.
    I give QT credit. He may not start off a lot of his movies with a bang, but he sure as shit ends them with one.
    Just as in Basterds, someone else under the floor boards.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Wind River.

Really good, understated performances by Renner, Green and Olsen. And some shocking violence in the movie's last third that was never played gratuitously. I enjoy about everything I've seen Renner in, his attempt at being Jason Bourne excepted.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Halloween" as well.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Burn After Reading - oh my gosh it's funny. That line by J.K. Simmons, "And I don't what the fuck we did" just keeps ringing in my head. Great movie.

Chef2 likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The gap between critics and audiences is really, really wide right now. Wider than it’s ever been.

The critical acclaim for Buster Scruggs, for example.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted