1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

One of my favorites. Fun movie all around.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

"Everst" wasn't based on Krakauer's book, it was based on a book by the guy Josh Brolin portrayed. And they filmed some on the South Base Camp.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ah, I stand corrected. I thought I read somewhere before it came out that it was based on "Into Thin Air." That actually makes me feel better that they didn't do a shitty job interpreting one of my favorite books.

4. Straight out Compton ... It was good, not great. I think they glossed over Eazy E's and the way he and Heller shafted the rest of group. They also glorified Dr. Dre'
    Great portrayal of Eazy though. Same with Ice Cube.
    The movie could have been shorter. It didn't need to 2 and half hours.

Legend.. The Cray story ... Turned it off about an hour in.
    It you make a gangster flick and it is boring, you should be banned from EVER making a movie again. EVER.
    Also, I know they spoke English, EastEnd London accents, but for fuck's sake either use subtitles or dumb it down so its understandable.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed it and wanted more when it ended. I now its fictionalized, but not knowing how Dr. Dre and Ice Cube grew up, gave me renewed appreciation for how far they've come.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watched "Nice Guys" this weekend. Parts funny and loved music, but did not like having kid daughter witnessing adult things. Boy did Russell Crowe let himself go for the role.

7. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Straight Outta Compton was fabulous, great indeed, and should have received a Best Picture nomination. It's a shame it didn't.

As for the Oscars, watched Joy and Steve Jobs recently. While it's easy to see why Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Kate Winslet all received Oscar nominations, neither movie was very good. Both were extremely disappointing. Steve Jobs was a boring glimpse into the life of a jerk and David O. Russell perverted Joy Mangano's life with a ridiculous fictionalized story.

8. RonClements

Loved Nice Guys. That was a lot of fun to watch.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not for me; QT's point about the daughter is a good one (during the movie I'd made a mental note to Google her age, but then the movie carried on and I lost interesting because...)yet that's not the biggest flaw. It started out entertaining but really got stupid around the big party scene.

I suggest you save your money and watch Bosch on Amazon instead; season 2 has a similar storyline, set in the same places, and is much better. Or better still, watch Inherent Vice instead.

10. FYI.... Futureworld, the sequel to Westworld is on Amazon Prime.

11. RonClements

Inherent Vice was a lot of fun and here are just two words why it's worth watching: Katherine Waterston

TigerVols likes this.
  12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

As well as "Panekeku"

Draft saved Draft deleted