1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Finally watched Silver Linings Playbook tonight out of my DVR. I think the performances were great, but the ending was a bit predictable.

And it's a bit of a stretch to think he was so obsessed with fixing his marriage, Nicki shows up on the big night and then he decides he loves Tiffany.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Lee Daniels' The Butler. Fantastic. Had no idea folks like Robin Williams, Liev Schreiber, John Cusack and Jane Fonda were in it.

EDIT: Jeez, I misspelled Schreiber's name twice. ::)

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Would have been better if Tyler Perry did it.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I just love that that movie can forever tout itself as "the Academy Award nominated..."

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

"Amazing Spider-Man 2"

The fact this movie made $700 million worldwide amazes me. One of the worst comic book movies I've seen in a long time. Glad I didn't waste the money on a ticket at the box office.

6. "Bigger, Stronger, Faster"
    A documentary on steroids. I wouldn't call it pro-steroids, but it didn't attack it either.
    It certainly made a lot of salient points about the myth and demonizing of steroids.
    It was eye-opening.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Three this weekend, all at home because I couldn't bring myself to go see anything showing at the local cineplex.

Something called The Aggression Scale on one of the movie channels this weekend. It was like Home Alone with an nasty edge. The most recognizable actor in it was Ray Wise and I had to look up his name on IMDB. Not terrible. Not great.

Mission: Impossible for the umpteenth time. For my money, it's just a very well-done movie. Henry Czerny just makes the whole thing work for me.

The Lone Ranger on one of the movie channels. I caught it about 45 minutes in, and enjoyed it much more than I did sitting through the entire 2 1/2 hours at the theater. The William Tell action sequence at the end was ridiculous, but not so stupid that I was prompted to change the channel.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Bully. Just for the sex scenes.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Amazing Spider-Man 2: Much better than I anticipated.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Lone Wolf McQuade

11. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Saw a screening of The November Man with Pierce Brosnan. It's not a bad way to spend two hours, but it is also a highly predictable, formulaic spy movie. You'll be entertained because it is a fast-paced film, but you'll also probably know what's coming.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Last Vegas. Can't get enough of this movie. Makes me want to book the next flight to Vegas. Haven't been there in two years. Feeling the need to go again.

Draft saved Draft deleted