1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Comic Standing: Holy Jesus, Stop The Fight!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I thought Josh was pretty doggone funny.
    Who'd have thought anybody could do 10 solid minutes on Paralympic Soccer?
    He'd still finish third for me, but that was a decent set.
    The blonde woman throws out about one half-funny joke for every 10 that bomb. We she get in because she's the lone female left?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love the show, but when the last three winners have completely non-descript careers, shouldn't it tell you how worthless it is?

I know the exposure is great, but does anyone know what Dat Phan is up to? What about John Heffron or Alonzo Bodden?

For the record, I think Heffron and Bodden are hilarious, but it's not like you're seeing them on TV too often...

The other problem is that most of the comedians on this show have already done specials. I know I've seen Roz, Enrique Iglesias and Bill Dwyer on Comedy Central before...

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Mizzou, stop calling him Enrique. I think for one second about pretty Enrique, then I remember fat-ass Gabriel. Completely unfair.

I'd never seen Roz. Thank god. Not funny at all. I've seen Alonzo Bodden on one of those snarky VH1 shows.

I really liked Ty last night.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that... I debated calling him Julio...

I go to a lot of comedy shows and I saw Bonnie McFarlane from Season 2 and my God was she fucking hilarious... For the record, she finished 10th that season...

Rich Vos from season one was hilarious as well... How he lost to the no-talent Dat Phan, I'll never know...

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think Josh Blue is funny.

I also think that whoever wins this season has only one shot at lasting stardom:

Marry Cindy Brady.

Draft saved Draft deleted