1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Comic Standing: Holy Jesus, Stop The Fight!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

The New York woman and Josh Blue were on and were beyond awful. Hopefully the black guy can deal or Willy Wonka's going to walk away with it. Not the best season ever.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I like Chris Porter a lot.

Josh Blue isn't funny, and neither is Roz. Ty isn't terrible, but Porter makes me laugh.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Buck that photo sums it all up perfectly

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

He had the season clinched from the first episode when he went "What? Whaaat?"

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

He was the only one who really nailed the roast of Gabe too.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Chris Porter and Ty are easily the funniest on the show. Amazing they can't cull an hour of funnier stuff from those people. I go to a comedy club and laugh more at one hour of unedited random material than I do with finely edited primetime programming from the supposed best.

And dear God, Anthony Clark is so much better than he is on that show.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I agree this has been the weakest season ever. Hated to see Roz get the boot. Yeah, she looked like Nell Carter on crack, but dammit she was fuuny.

Also agree on Josh Blue and Michele Balan. Both sucked hard tonight. But Josh has a following. Here's an e-mail that was forwarded to me last week.

8. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

That's sweet, but if you're among the final four of a national comedy competition (one that includes low-level pros, by the way) you have to bring A-material every single time and Josh Blue does not.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It's been Porter's to lose since Gabriel Iglesias got booted.

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I thought Porter had this thing wrapped up as well ... until the last two weeks, when they actually had to get on stage and do an extended set.

Ty has kicked every one of their asses both weeks. It shouldn't have been close last week and not that close this week. He's not so good at the improv stuff or the roast, but dammit, he's good at the actual stand-up.

I'd bet Balan gets the boot this week.

11. Porter has been horrible since they went to extended set in front of huge audience. Nerves clearly showing.

Blue definitely has a following and my buddy in comedy says he'll be huge on the road.

Ty is pretty good, but when you take a look at the clubs in LA and SF, he kind of has the same kind of gig as many others.

As for Anne Meara, Michele is horrible ...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Porter is the best, but Josh Blue will win... Ty is damn funny as well... Michelle Balan sucks.

Enrique Iglesias is such a stupid fuck for getting kicked off... What a dumbass...

Draft saved Draft deleted