1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I really hope this thread takes its natural turn into #SJParenting.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who didn't think Franklin came off that bad? Yeah, he wasn't happy, but I've seen guys in similar situations handle it much worse.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I didn't think any of the players came off that bad.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Considering why most of them were there and what got them there, the result was not surprising. Lot of guys who believed education was a necessary evil at best.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am not sure what some of you guys were looking for. It wasn't the meeting of the Harvard Business Review.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. Maybe I just expected a little more whining and pouting, but he seemed generally supportive of Wyatt Roberts and just anxious to take advantage of his opportunity. He was one of the few players I actually was somewhat impressed with at the end of it.

And honestly, any criticism I could lob at any of the East Mississippi players could probably also be applied to the majority of players at big-time programs.

But that phone shit gets on my last nerve in real life, so it really bothered me seeing that kind of disrespect to someone bending over backwards to help them. Just put the phone down for five seconds while the nice lady reminds you to bring a pencil to your quiz.

7. jr/shotglass

I'll admit, even the exchange between Franklin and the advisor about his sleepover, he didn't come across as a total cretin. He explained his viewpoint on it pretty succinctly.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

The absolute best scene in the entire season for me was...

SPOILER ALERT.....SPOILER ALERT

....when Ollie found out he had made an A in the English class, and seeing his big ol' self skipping down the hall with Wagner. I got goosebumps watching that.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Another spoiler alert ... from Thursday night's 2016 season opener:

Jones County 27
    East Mississippi 25

Season 2, now with more post-game cursing!

HanSenSE and poindexter like this.
  10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

But did they "play like fuck"?

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. jr/shotglass

And yet, he's probably been the most effective of the three Gus is using tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted