1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Dakota Allen cut by the Rams, then signed to the practice squad.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

This figured. Dakota Allen signed by the Raiders off the Rams practice squad.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally finished all four seasons of this show ... crushed the last five eps on my flights this weekend. Definitely got worn out on the Independence story by the end of the fourth season. Once Brown got kicked out of that game at Iowa Western, the town/board/admin had all it needed for a one-strike-and-you're-out approach when the Hitler reference dropped. I can't say I was sad for Brown, but it's clear he's a broken man. I couldn't imagine working for someone like that. Sucks that Jason Martin was in such a weird place -- with the wife and kids there and the wife in school trying to get her degree. He had to take it, to a certain extent. The coaches openly telling the kids they didn't want to be there either seemed a little off, too. Interesting premise to a show, but I'm not sure I'll be back for the next installment. Too much on TV and what the hell else can we learn about the shadiness of JUCO football from another two-year run?

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Jason Martin is a real man, not only working a shitty job literally every waking moment but at the same time doing everything possible to hold his family together.
    I hope when guys like Martin and Davern Williams have head coaching gigs down the road they will have a good laugh about having worked for assclowns like JB and Buddy.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I wonder what kind of convos Frank Diaz and Clint Trickett have at FAU? Weird that we'd have a mix of both schools on the same DI staff.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

For some toxic amusement, Jason Brown is on Cameo, and for $50 he will give you a shoutout. They're all uploaded onto his profile for public viewing. I think he calls everyone in every video a "slap dick."

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

So Malik still hasn't learned a damned thing, in other words.
    Shocking, in Sean Connery voice.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Couldn’t of happened to a bigger dickhead.

Brown is horrible, but this guy was scum.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

I’ve felt ever since that episode that Sims is a way worse human being.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted