1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lasorda and espn.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by howardkstern, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

Neither do I. "Steve Garvey" is my favorite nom de schlong.

2. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Great Lasorda story, Smasher. And I agree that it is because of stuff like that that I find the entire story questionable.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I went to Foxwoods repeatedly while I lived in Connecticut, and they still praise your name and weep when your photo is shown.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe he was just saving his money for hookers.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I wonder if a hooker gets hazard pay since she has to lift up Lasorda's fat folds to perform her duties?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

And lunch is ruined.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Along with a couple of other meals, especially if they feature Italian food.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

You know, that was exactly my thought. My other question about the story was that the prostitution ring was in southern California, and I would think something like that would be more likely to happen on the road.

As for Cowherd harping on the fact that Lasorda isn't suing, I don't know whether that means anything and a journalist (as opposed to some shrill radio talk show host) would provide some analysis. If he were to sue, anything he did as far as his activities could become fair game.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

C'mon. You know you want it.

[​IMG]

Apparently they put Lasorda and a golf cart in the machine from The Fly and programmed it so he looked vaguely like Jabba the Hut.

I don't know where his prodigously large ass ends and the golf cart seat begins.

Draft saved Draft deleted