1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Larry Johnson out for season? Rumor gaining steam, should be confirmed today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Msaint, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't eat at TGI Friday's, you take that back you son of a bitch! :-\

2. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Are Spirited and Spnited related?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Spirited is my evil twin.

And MSaint, you want to quote legitimate news sources on Larry Johnson's injury, I have no problem.
    But when you start acting like Rotoworld is a credible journalistic source, you not only lose credibility you become a pathetic fantasyfanboy looser.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well, it WAS a TV station that reported it.

I don't really see the harm on posting this. He didn't state it as fact and did cite a TV station's report (which I'm guessing is a legitimate news source).

The news may very well be wrong, but it may give a heads up for people to be on the lookout for it, if something moves on the wire. Isn't that part of the reason this site is for?

A looser fanboy is whining about crowd noise the day after taking a win in one of your biggest games of the year and then telling someone to F*ck off when he is called on it.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

My question, Hank, was not the TV station report, it was Msaint then quoting a fanboy/fantasy site and saying "Rotoworld woudn't go out on a limb..." WTF!
    Like Rotoworld is anything but fanboy/fantasy bullshit?

Even his thread title... "Rumor gaining steam..." smacks of fanboylooser.
    Sorry.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Ok, I did miss the Rotoworld reference.

But still, I don't think this comes remotely close to Rhody31's post and meltdown.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

they are of the same ilk.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Who gives a shit?

9. BBJones

BBJones Guest

This debate is starting to get spnited.

10. Msaint

Msaint Member

Yeah, this fantasy stuff is just a fad. It'll pass.

FYI, the original source I quoted was Fox 31 in Denver, which may or may not be "credible" to you or others here, but so be it. I don't pretend to be -- or, frankly, ever care to be -- as grounded in day-to-day sports journalism as you experts here. And while Rotoworld, which taps into "legitimate" news sources from all over the country and simply forms an aggregate take on a potential sports news story, may not be "legit" because it's -- gasp -- fantasy-centric, I'd bet that it's more timely with its breaking/reliable sports news than you are, clacking away on your Underwood. Sweating over your latest literary masterpiece on Girls' JV field hockey in Goat Hump, Iowa in an attempt to be the next Grantland Rice. That is, when you're not taking Tom Collins breaks, running to the post office to mail your overdue alimony/child-support payments, waking up bloated and gin-blossomed in your studio apartment under the milk crate that holds your hot plate and Ramen packages, or heading down to the track to blow your meager weekly wages on yet another "sure thing."

What? Is that too much of a ridiculous, sweeping generalization of you, your life and "legit" sports journalists? Yes. Of course it is. About as ridiculous as your generalization of "pathetic fanboy looser" me. So I don't know your silly, sausage-fingered secret club handshake here. Shame on me.

Bottom line, Spnited or Woodsprite or whatever your tough-guy-anonymous little handle is here, you sound like nothing more than the pantsless, drunken old man in the window yelling at the neighborhood scamps, "Hey, you kids, get outta my yard AND TURN OFF THAT DARNED ROCK N' ROLL MUSIC!" Life's passed both of you by, and I don't blame you for being angry at likely not having accomplished much or done anything of real significance to put on your epitaph, aside from a few yellowing newspaper clips plastered into a photo album. But don't take that bitterness and frustration for your failures and dismal lot in life out on me. (See? That's another wild, baseless generalization...for all I know, you may be a very successful, happy, well-adjusted, loved, talented, dare I say even downright hygenic professional sportswriter. And I hope you are. Which would make it all the more bizarre that you're so clearly insecure, angry and likely a very, very lonely man who has to assert his "manhood" by attempting to belittle strangers on a message board.)

Now that I think about it, I suppose I could have just called you a dick and been done with it. But what fun would that have been on a Wednesday?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Msaint's meltdown is in Rhody territory now.

You posted a link from a DENVER television station. And a link to a roto Web site. And someone posted a link saying that the Denver TV station couldn't even get it right on what foot was broken. Seriously, what did you expect?

12. Msaint

Msaint Member

Damn, I was hoping to top Rhody. He/she doesn't know what a meltdown is, the amateur.

I guess I expected this to just be a thread (titled "Rumor," mind you) where non-batshit-insane people interested in football talked about Larry Johnson's possible season-ending injury, sharing any and all updates/thoughts/speculation/nuggets of info on said injury. My mistake, though...I didn't realize that nothing whatsoever could be discussed, thought, wondered or speculated upon unless it was either black & white fact spewed from the precious AP wire or until there was definitive, 100% final word from the mouth of Herm Edwards himself -- certainly not by a "fantasy fanboy looser" such as myself -- and to do so would be a bizarre, and I'll say it again, highly amusing personal and professional affront to certain folks here.

I guess I expected too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.